SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn Quebec Series Kipawa Acoustic Guitar Sunburst £290

What's Hot
Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 193
edited December 2017 in Acoustics £

Accessories (hardshell case etc): TRIC Case

Location (City,State or City,Country): Nottingham, United Kingdom
International OK? : No, UK only due to CITES 

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): £ 290 GBP 

Joe Knaggs as we all know started his own guitar making brand some time ago and his electrics generally retail for over £3000 new.

This is a Joe Knaggs acoustic guitar in collaboration with highly regarded luthiers at the Godin set up in Canada.

So at this price point the first thing to point out is that this Joe Knaggs acoustic guitar is handmade in Canada, not mass-produced in the Far East somewhere.

The second thing to point out is the genuine woods in the construction, not laminates or alternatives like Sapele.

Mahogany back and sides.

Mahogany neck.

Nicely figured rosewood fretboard

Lovely Spruce top

Rosewood cap on the heel

The headstock is black-faced over a light veneer and the Knaggs logo cleanly inlaid

Tusq Nut

The spruce back braces, kerfed linings and side supports are clearly visible through the soundhole and outwardly the gloss body finish is thinly applied. 

The top's X-bracing is Adirondack spruce, again smooth and clean to the touch.

I am not a dealer and therefore cannot offer warranty so this acoustic guitar is listed as used but it is in unplayed condition.

Also being unplayed and in the spirit of honesty like most new acoustic guitars this Knagg does have a slightly high action but I have chosen not to amend this so the new owner can set the action to personal preference.

Don’t get me wrong it is not massively high and the guitar is perfectly playable with great tone

but if you are normally an electric player and want to have the lowest playable action possible you might attend to this.

The supplied Tric case is interesting.

Not good-looking particularly but in fact it is highly functional.

It is extremely light and most importantly it is built with the same material you will find behind car bumpers - wonderfully resilient and absorbs any impact so nothing gets transferred to the guitar itself thus keeping your guitar safe and sound.

Retails about £100 on its own.

When guitarist magazine reviewed this guitar and gave it four stars they noted that the sound was a little tight acoustically and I would agree. 

The good news is given the quality of construction that like all acoustic guitars it needs time to breathe over time and this will surely mellow over time like all high quality acoustic guitars. 

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments