Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A Baby Art Guitar: neat idea.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31132
A mate of mine has a 'relationship' with MusicMan.

They are sending him a body blank, for his 5 year old to paint and colour on it, and then they'll take it back and nitro it, and build a guitar from it.

Now, I think this really has commercial legs - what a gift for new parents who are music mad.

As babies are, for obv reasons, a closed book to me, I think it's great but wondered if others shared my view?

Thoughts?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I thought Gibson were already employing 5 year olds to paint their bodies?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3098
    I think it is a great idea, potential limited resale, but if its a keeper, great idea.....although you could do your own with a body from Guitarbuild (or similar) and self assemble......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1339
    I think it's a cool idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31132
    Jack_ said:
    I thought Gibson were already employing 5 year olds to paint their bodies?
    Brilliant!

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    If I wanted a guitar with a shit paint job I'd have bought one from The Painted Player.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You could adopt, no?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I must be alone in thinking that my daughter's artistic output when she was 5 was basically not very good. I also didn't applaud every time she had a shit in a potty. I guess I just must be one of "those" parents.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31132
    usedtobe said:
    You could adopt, no?
    A guitar? I've done that many times.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995

I've given my 5 year old niece a pack of colourful sharpies, and a blank pedal enclosure to decorate before now.

whilst you do get a very unique visual... its not worth the hours it then takes to clean up the multi-coloured mess from said niece's skin, the carpet and somehow the dog...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I must be alone in thinking that my daughter's artistic output when she was 5 was basically not very good. I also didn't applaud every time she had a shit in a potty. I guess I just must be one of "those" parents.
    I'm not sure anyone was expecting them to airbrush a 'Dan Lawrence' - I think the point is having a momento of your child at that age..

As for the applauding, I'm pretty sure that's how potty training works no?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I may have expressed mild approval. I knew people who sounded like they were throwing a party every time their daughter had a slash.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would 100% do this
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I'm not a fan personally. Lets face it, the only person who likes kid art is the parent of the child. Stick a picture on your fridge, that's what we did. You render the guitar unsellable and how many of us keep the same guitars. You can't see it when you are playing, and your kid will probably hate it when the get older (my kids often hate their old artwork on display)

As a kid I HATED the Blue Peter stamp design thing that went on every Xmas. Anyone else recall these monstrosities:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Awful idea. Who really wants to have a 5 year old's artwork on show. One of those things that parents are supposed to like but in reality? Better kept in a memento box..
  • axisus said:
    I'm not a fan personally. Lets face it, the only person who likes kid art is the parent of the child. Stick a picture on your fridge, that's what we did. You render the guitar unsellable and how many of us keep the same guitars. You can't see it when you are playing, and your kid will probably hate it when the get older (my kids often hate their old artwork on display)

As a kid I HATED the Blue Peter stamp design thing that went on every Xmas. Anyone else recall these monstrosities:

Aaarrrgh! Who in feck's name wants shit art on their envelope?
  • I'm the same with our house though. I think we have one of our daughter's pictures on show because it was halfway decent. I go around some houses and think "Wow, you really let your kids make this place look a bit shit".
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn't Joe Satriani get a small child to doodle over a range of his signature guitars?*

https://www.joesatrianiuniverse.com/gear/ibanez-js-guitars/js25art/#!jig[1]/https://www.joesatrianiuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ibanez-js25art-17.jpg

*edit: nope he did them himself!  :o Good thing he's good at the day job!
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Yeah, id do it, but that's because everything my Daughter does is fucking epic...ok? :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • I certainly wouldn't want some other kids artwork on a guitar! but my daughters, hell yeah! I wouldn't do that thinking I was ever gonna sell it (and I wouldn't pay anyone, I'd do it on a guitarbuild partscaster) But I am a soppy git with my daughter (3yo) so.. different folks, different strokes I guess...

I may have expressed mild approval. I knew people who sounded like they were throwing a party every time their daughter had a slash.
    I don't know if you are serious, but that genuinely made me chuckle :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Damien Hirst has been doing this for years.