Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What happens when you die ??

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Re: the giraffe's laryngeal nerve, this video is such an amazing explanation and you can see it dissected for yourself. 

If you don't get it after watching that, then I think you're deliberately misunderstanding evolution.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1647
    tone1 said:
    I've said it before but here's my view....I'll be be getting a lesson from SRV and Hendrix then going for a drink with Sinatra and Elvis  :)
    You're going for a drink with Santa and his Elves ? 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3454
    edited September 2017
    Wolfetone said:
    Sporky said:
    Wolfetone said:

My view is that I find it incredibly difficult to conceive of the universe as an accidental thing as there is so much cleverness in it with nature being the main thing.

But there's so much bad "design" in nature.

Why do we have a blind spot? Squid don't. Their retinal cells face forwards, ours face backwards. There's no advantage to backward-facing retinal cells, but they do result in a blind spot.

Why do giraffes have a nerve that goes all the way from the brain, loops around one of the main blood vessels connecting to the heart, and goes almost all the way back up their neck to the larynx?

Those are both downright stupid - no intelligent designer (to coin a phrase) would do things like that.
    That's interesting but, doesn't that make a bit of a case against the theory of evolution? Surely those stupid features would have disappeared through evolution...unless their presence and design actually does have a purpose and we haven't spotted it yet?
    Only if those stupid features made it less likely that the being in question would not survive long enough to reproduce.
    If they don't change that probability then evolution won't weed them out.

As to the OP's original question. No-one knows what happens. It is not possible to know. Anything else is just speculation.
    Could be a long thread this.