Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Feline Guitars in "not Les Paul shaped" guitar shock

What's Hot

Comments

• Fantastic looking instrument. Well done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    edited January 2018
    This is absolutely stunning! I never knew you did s type guitars, I'll hit you up when I'm ready for a custom built stratty. If you put this on the website as a standard model, I'm sure it'll sell like hot cakes.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    We have a number of strat types in the works - maybe 7 or 8 as it happens...I'll post up some pics over the weekend

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader

Here is one that you may have seen at an earlier stage 
    The body was one we got off Chris (@SquireJapan) and it was already metallic yellow 
    We made a flamed maple neck with huge Dunlop 6000 frets on a 9.5" radius rosewood board and had a thoink about a good look for it.

So I thought it had the makings of a modern sportscar look and what was needed was some black or gun metal parts and maybe some carbon fibre.
    So we took some Gotoh parts in "cosmo black" and a black @Graingerguitars ferrule block
    We got a carbon weave effect plate  and loaded a set of Bare Knuckle Cobra hot strat type pickups.
    An Earvana nut aids tuning stability.
    It's a very bold sounding strat - classic with a modern twist to it

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We have a number of strat types in the works - maybe 7 or 8 as it happens...I'll post up some pics over the weekend
    @FelineGuitars  any prospect of you making a Gary Moore/Cruz strat affair? Rosewood board, jumbo frets, 3way switch.
    tFB Trader
    We have a number of strat types in the works - maybe 7 or 8 as it happens...I'll post up some pics over the weekend
    @FelineGuitars  any prospect of you making a Gary Moore/Cruz strat affair? Rosewood board, jumbo frets, 3way switch.
    Wow - at £12k thats a special one....did you want something like that? You can ask me :)

tFB Trader
    We have a few strat builds going on - most will be for sale (updating after a prompt from @Brize)

Inspired by the strat plus of a local guitar teacher/player who is a bit popular

Same again but getting a bit Gilmour-ish with the DG20 circuit and some SAV pickups

Both have all access necks, sperzel tuners. Gotoh 510 series trems with steel blocks and a narrower spacing

We have another strat with a lean back headstock, like we have done on a few of the recent Tabby Specials

and a reverse headstock one which might be a bit "Hendrixy"

again with all access necks

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    We have a few strat builds going on - most will be for sale (updating after a prompt from @Brize)
    Beautiful work as always, Jon.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    YES. 
    tFB Trader
    We'll do the Gilmour-ish one candy apple red to amuse @Gassage ;

• GassageGassage Frets: 30881
    We'll do the Gilmour-ish one candy apple red to amuse @Gassage ;
    The last CAR had me drooling!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

tFB Trader
    I should really do a bit of an update on our S type builds 

Obviously the Gilmour Pulse inspired guitar got completed 

EMG SAV pickups with the DG20 Gilmour EMG/SPC circuit

Luminlay side markers

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Now we have a few S Types in a state of build

The two guitars with Roasted maple necks are coming along and are actually about to go off to be painted
    Apologies I forgot to get built up pics before disassembling and sanding, but here is a workbench pic

We did another alder bodied one with a 3 piece neck with a leanback headstock 
    Quite pretty neck wood on this one
    Think we have BKP Mothers Milk in this one and a narrow spaced Gotoh 510 series trem with steel block

Here is a build that is for a customer - our take on the Clapton strat utilising a circuit from Denis Cornell and a set of BKP Slow hand pickups. Tuners are Graphtech Ratio and the tremolo is a Fatcat Hardware Double Whammy tremolo with the narrow spacing and Highwood saddles

tFB Trader
    And in case we forgot to make something left handed we went for a pair of late 60s inspired strats that we called the Woodstock model
    With BKP Mother's Milk pickups, Fender tuners , and traditional heel and a Fatcat Components Double Whammy Bridge with Highwood saddles. The mirror image logo was intentional - I remember seeing it on a lefty strat before and thinking it was a cool touch, also we did the same for our art and graphics guy's guitars (he is also a Southpaw)

Thinking Olympic White for this one

And maybe a 3 tone sunburst for this one

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Now we have a few S Types in a state of build

The two guitars with Roasted maple necks are coming along and are actually about to go off to be painted
    Apologies I forgot to get built up pics before disassembling and sanding, but here is a workbench pic

I especially love these HSS ones you did. Tbh I wouldn’t ruin them with paint, I would prefer to see the woodgrain.
    tFB Trader
    The Roasted maple neck guitars are coming along - not entirely ready yet , but a sneak peek

Here is the one with the black pickguard:

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Oops - I meant to follow up with the sunburst one too 
    Here it is 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stunning guitars, awesome work!!
    tFB Trader
    In the meantime we have completed a project for a customer who wanted us to do our take on the Eric Clapton strat
    We used fairly traditional specs in timber choices : alder body and maple neck
    Neck had a 9.5" radius and Dunlop 6155 frets. Inlays were black Tahiti pearl
    Ratio tuners, Earvana Nut , BKP Slowhand Pickups , Cornell circuit with Mid boost , and a FatCat Hardware Double Whammy bridge with narrower spacing and Highwood Saddles

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    @FelineGuitars might I ask why some of your s shapes have a “neck plate” and some just have 4 individual bolts ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom