Anyone use Carlsbro Orion Active PA speakers ?

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
We have a couple set up in our practice space and even though I've managed to find a PDF copy of the manual, there is no mention about the bright blue LED on the front of these things.  I'm bloody sure it indicates clipping but I'm also not bloody sure either !

Ours keep flashing during rehearsals.  I know there's a clipping LED on the back.  I could test it out next time we're there but in the meantime, anyone know ?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    I have the active gammas, and the bright blue LED is just the on light. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    If both of them flash, do they do it at the same time? If so - clipping indicators. Or alternatively the power supply is so poor that transients cause a temporary cut-out. (Although I think you'd hear that.)

If only one of them flashes, does the other one stay on? If so - intermittent connection in the wiring to the LED.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    viz said:
    I have the active gammas, and the bright blue LED is just the on light. 
    The one on the top left of the front face ?  ...and yours are on, steady all the time ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    If they're usually off but flash on peaks, then the chances are they are clipping indicators, but for the speakers (or maybe just the tweeters) - the clipping LED on the back will be for the preamp (or maybe power amp depending on where it is in the circuit).

It's important to pay attention to these since clipping at *any* point in the signal path is the biggest hazard to PA speakers, more so than overall power - which is why it's recommended to use an amp more powerful than the speaker rating, with separates. The average power in a music programme signal is usually only around a quarter of the peak power.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Emp_Fab said:
    We have a couple set up in our practice space and even though I've managed to find a PDF copy of the manual, there is no mention about the bright blue LED on the front of these things.  I'm bloody sure it indicates clipping but I'm also not bloody sure either !

Ours keep flashing during rehearsals.  I know there's a clipping LED on the back.  I could test it out next time we're there but in the meantime, anyone know ?
    i have just got one as a monitor do you still have the pdf which could forward to me  thanks for reading