What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16612
    ok...good advice thanks @ICBM ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    edited September 2017
    The loom doesn't make *that* much difference to the outright tone - or arguably any probably, when the controls are up full - but what it will give you is better reliability (switch and jack especially) and almost certainly nicer tapers on both controls.

Be careful if you're upgrading a far-east-made guitar though - usually the US-made pots (and sometimes the switch screws) won't fit through the holes in the plate, and the knobs may not fit on the shafts. It then become a question of whether it's worth reaming out the plate, or buying a new one and new knobs...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Dominic said:
    too icepick sounding
    Dominic said:
    standard modern wiring
    Does "modern" wiring extend to the Fender No-Load tone control? I once tried that with Nocaster pickups for a few minutes. It sounded sooooooooo wrong.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16612
    I really dont know
  • Have a look in the control cavity. Maybe, even, take a few photographs of your guitar and post them. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.