Neck pick up to go with a crunch lab for cleans?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
I have my Ibanez RGA which has a dimarzio liquifire and dimarzio crunch lab in it. I'm a fan of the crunch lab but I dont find the liquifire as bassy or soft for cleans. Any suggestions what woild be good but not too comically different from the crunch lab?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15222
    Boring but necessary preliminary questions.
    1) What body wood(s)?
    2) What fingerboard wood?
    3) Neck profile - ice lolly stick or telegraph pole?
    4) 22 fret or 24?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Ibanez RGA is maple top, mahogony body, 24 fret rose wood skinny neck :) 

Do all DiMarzio humbuckers have the bar magnet glued into position or is it possible to slide the magnet out when the baseplate screws are slackened off? If so, a change of magnet material might improve matters.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11859
    tFB Trader
    Do all DiMarzio humbuckers have the bar magnet glued into position or is it possible to slide the magnet out when the baseplate screws are slackened off? If so, a change of magnet material might improve matters.
    Most DiMarzio's have their magnets and poles glued in with a sort of silicone gloop. This stuff sticks like the proverbial s--t to a blanket, so usually in order to free a magnet you have to pretty much totally disassemble the pickup and scrape off the gloop. It also has to be replaced with more gloop of one sort or another on reassembly (wax potting won't gap fill well enough) or the pickup will squeal like a stuck pig. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

D'oh! Back to the drawing board.