Been putting my John Cruz tool kit to good use!

VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4955
edited October 2017 in Guitar
Back in June I was lucky enough to win a JC Tool Kit (a la Fender Custom Shop) on the Fretboard competition.  Having shied away from truss-rod adjustments for years I'm now getting to be a dab hand, and with the help of the JC tools I've been doing my own set-ups.  Having set-up my Yamaha 611 a couple of months back, and done minor adjustment tweaks to my Strat, Tele, & SG,  I've now had a problem with the neck of my PRS Cu24 for a week or two, and from nowhere been getting fret buzz.  No problem - a quick you-tube vid on PRS set-up, and truss rod & bridge adjustment using the JC feeler gauges & Allen keys, & my PRS Cu24 is set-up very nicely again!    
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15378
    tFB Trader
    good to hear it has been put to good use and PRS is now back on track
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    I use my Cruz kit loads.... simple, great device aint they ?!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14198
    I bought the CS tool kit a few years ago and then got another one earlier this year with my CS Strat. It's pretty good, I really like the small hex keys with handles for bridge saddle adjustments.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24995
    I’ve decided I love fiddling with guitars.

I decided to restring my Strat this afternoon and fix the crackling volume and neck tone pot.

A quick squirt of Servisol and everything’s lovely. I get a frankly ridiculous degree of satisfaction out of doing things like that. I probably need help....
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited October 2017
    Love being on the tools.

Cleaned up my Bigsby equipped 335 This afternoon gave her some new strings a few tweaks and she sounds simply lovely again.