PSA: line 6 Helix for £720

What's Hot
redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 745
On Amazon Warehouse, where everything is 20% off at the minute!

I can't vouch for condition but their returns policy is excellent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Line-6-Helix-Floor/dp/B016RURGTE/ref=sr_1_22?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1511137826&sr=1-22#
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• S'gone. Unsurprisingly.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It seemed like a great deal until it arrived today and i opened the box to find a Line 6 FBV inside the Helix box. Someone has done well getting a helix and returning a fbv board in the helix box to amazon who clearly haven't checked it before selling on amazon warehouse. 

What a mess up by amazon.
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I wouldn’t buy anything from Amazon Warehouse - it seems they don’t check anything that’s returned to them for damage/missing items etc. 
  • It seemed like a great deal until it arrived today and i opened the box to find a Line 6 FBV inside the Helix box. Someone has done well getting a helix and returning a fbv board in the helix box to amazon who clearly haven't checked it before selling on amazon warehouse. 

Wow! I cannot believe that. You should inform them and have it investigated. Someone has basically returned it fraudulently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Wow! I cannot believe that. You should inform them and have it investigated. Someone has basically returned it fraudulently.
    Yeah i called them immediately and the "Helix" has been collected today, fortunately they were very good and gave me credit as compensation being as they cant replace it for me. Cant believe someone was so bold to do such a thing, i guess if they knew how poor amazon were at checking things they could be doing it with items all over the place and essentially getting something for nothing. 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited November 2017
    I really hope they go back to the scumbag thief and Persue him legally....and report his actions to the police. 
  • siraxeman said:
    I really hope they go back to the scumbag thief and Persue him legally....and report his actions to the police. 
    He will of course say he returned it and that @steelcustomguitars did the swap. They can't prove anything because Amazon didn't check.
  • siraxeman said:
    Usually I'd agree... but he got a free Helix from amazon and well fuck amazon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh dear. Glad to hear they gave you some credit as compensation!
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2017
    Hmmmmm, about that old Chibson sitting in the corner 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Now there's an idea
  • Cool it got sorted but I'm not understanding this, I assume they gave you a full payment refund *plus* an additional credit amount as compensation for your trouble?

Wonder who's going to carry the can for the original theft?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    clarkefan said:

Wonder who's going to carry the can for the original theft?
    Amazon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just so you know, the Helix LT is £715 at the moment across the usual shops like GAK, Andertons, Gear4Music etc
    The Helix Floor is £999.
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Was this thread real? 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    edited September 2020
    NelsonP said:
    Was this thread real? 
    What is real?
  • NelsonP said:
    Was this thread real? 
    It was digitally modelled
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonP said:
    Was this thread real? 
    Yes it was, years ago
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.