SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Early 70's Selmer TnB SVR head SOLD

What's Hot
shugzshugz Frets: 775
edited March 2014 in Amps £
Hi folks,

Selling my early 70's Selmer TnB SVR head.

Fully serviced throughout and sounds great. Minimal changes over the years too and with original tranformers and most board components original too. It sounds superb and with some nice valves fitted (Sylvania, Pinnacle etc). £SOLD. Glasgow area but will post no problem too.

PM or email at:

shooyboy 'at' gmail 'dot' com

Cheers
Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gjonesygjonesy Frets: 148
    cracking amp, does this one have the standby switch where it leaves HT on the power stage? 
    I think I can help you/the new owner out with that missing knob, I'll have to check a box of bits when I get home
  • shugzshugz Frets: 775
    gjonesy;178786" said:
    cracking amp, does this one have the standby switch where it leaves HT on the power stage? I think I can help you/the new owner out with that missing knob, I'll have to check a box of bits when I get home
    Yes, I believe it does on these ones. Totally forgot about the missing knob but it will have an original one fitted come sale time. I have a few of these so will sort that no problem.

Thoroughly appreciate the kind offer though, really good of you.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

edited March 2014
    Bump for a lovely bit of Brit amp history priced no more than a nice boutique delay pedal.

Selmer now SOLD

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Selmer SOLD

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited March 2014
    gjonesy;178786" said:
    cracking amp, does this one have the standby switch where it leaves HT on the power stage? 
    What does this mean?
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 148
    dogload said:
    gjonesy;178786" said:
    What does this mean?

Typically the standby switches the high voltage off over the entire circuit but on the selmer it leaves it on the el34s and off to the rest of the circuit. Its worth knowing if youre going to delve into the guts of it.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Ah I see- thank you for that :)
  • How much did this sell for please?
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Yeah I think it's forum etiquette to keep prices up: just so that people can keep track of values and stuff :) 
    Can't remember what this sold for, I'd estimate that it was around £200/250.

The site was pretty new when i last posted in this thread. There was no rule regarding sale prices back then to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com