Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360

Took this monster out on Friday night, there was hum
    There are many more things than I need on it, but some work with different amps/guitars and it's easier to have just the one board really.

It's a Harley Benton spaceship 80 with a Donner DP-3 powering it all
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Loving the ganja debris above the board
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751
    skunkwerx said:
    Paul_C said:

One day I'll work out how to take a decent photo indoors, but until then . . .

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsmaximumpedalsjpg

The Count To 5s used to be quite close together, but recent sessions have encouraged me to spread them out a bit :)

The pedals on the top row of the furthest right stand are there mostly to stop me thinking about buying anything else, and I now have every pedal I own plugged in.
    How on earth do you power all that?! 

I’m taking it every pedal there is in one huge chain to amp?

I have to confess that it does amuse me - There are currently (I think) 13 power supplies (mostly cheap chinese ones bought from Amazon) plugged into 4 multi-plug extension leads with numerous daisy chains in all directions. With no pedals switched on but with the amp on and a guitar plugged in there is a small amount of noise at the volume I record at, but you have to put your head against the amp to hear it.

It is basically one long 35 pedal chain, apart from the Miku which is plugged into a feedback looper pedal.

The RC-50 isn't plugged in at the moment but I am planning to use it at some point.

It is ridiculous, but that's part of the fun for me :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Almost done, decent power supply that'll fit under the board and a phaser pedal and I'll be calling it a day.

http://i65.tinypic.com/mlnrso.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6869
    Paul_C said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Paul_C said:

The Count To 5s used to be quite close together, but recent sessions have encouraged me to spread them out a bit :)

The pedals on the top row of the furthest right stand are there mostly to stop me thinking about buying anything else, and I now have every pedal I own plugged in.

I have to confess that it does amuse me - There are currently (I think) 13 power supplies (mostly cheap chinese ones bought from Amazon) plugged into 4 multi-plug extension leads with numerous daisy chains in all directions. With no pedals switched on but with the amp on and a guitar plugged in there is a small amount of noise at the volume I record at, but you have to put your head against the amp to hear it.

It is basically one long 35 pedal chain, apart from the Miku which is plugged into a feedback looper pedal.

The RC-50 isn't plugged in at the moment but I am planning to use it at some point.

Awesome! Haha. 

Its good to see/hear that it isnt a problem in having that many pedals all chained. 

I’m guessing there are buffered pedals in that lot, but can you say you notice any cable related tone suck vs direct in?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    skunkwerx said:
    Paul_C said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Paul_C said:

Awesome! Haha. 

Its good to see/hear that it isnt a problem in having that many pedals all chained. 

I’m guessing there are buffered pedals in that lot, but can you say you notice any cable related tone suck vs direct in?

I did run a test with a mate listening and IIRC the only noticeable difference was a slight drop in volume, but I can't remember which was which now ;)
  • Paul_C said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Paul_C said:

Ya, but where do you place your buffer? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    This is mine, signal is wah - tuner - comp - klone - deco - phaser - delay - reverb - trem - trio. Powered by a zuma. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    andy1839 said:
    Almost done, decent power supply that'll fit under the board and a phaser pedal and I'll be calling it a day.

Nice wooden board Andy... what make is that ?
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    andy1839 said:

Nice wooden board Andy... what make is that ?
    Cheers mate, it's one of the Alder and Ash ones. Red Oak if I remember right.
    Very nice thing it is too.

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    JEPBLEP said:
    Right then, done! So. Much. Midi. 

http://i.imgur.com/0oL6kvM.jpg
    That looks tight as - I'm not smart enough to understand how/what is patched to what and how you wired your expression etc, but that looks wild. What are you using for power? The bottom as neat as well? 
    its pretty neat, yeah. none of this bespoke right angles only cabling, but its tidy and concise. The expression pedal is wired into the feedback of the Moog. we run Midi clock from our laptop live electronics into a thru box underneath my board. This is then split; its goes directly to my looper so that live looping is always bang in time with the rest of the bands electronics, and it also goes into the Morningstar MC6 Midi controller. This clock is then fed to the Moog, Polymoon, Ottobit, H9 and Warped Vinyl so that all clocked stuff is also in time, and it also sends PC / CC midi changes to the H9, Moog, the three Meris and the two Chase Bliss. (theres a Chase bliss midibox underside too, feeding the Meris and Chase Bliss pedals). 

Its all powered by a Cioks / Eventide Powerfactor 2 connected via their link series to a Cioks Schizophrenic, so thankfully the whole board is one plug into the mains. 
    My head has just exploded lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Here's the latest incarnation with CE1 and EM under the board.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    New board:

https://i.imgur.com/zGl8tFY.jpg

Some gigs don't need a wah so I'm happy to have that off the board.
    95q, centura klone, kot, ethos od, el cap, dm2, flint.

dm2 is on all the time with a quiet slapback and el cap for longer delays,  klon for a lead boost at the moment with the kot for low gain but I might swap that when after I've gigged it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    Inspired by the Huddersfield jam, thrown together a jam/convenience/small space board, rather than lashing something up by ripping stuff out of the main one.  Inevitably despite having a drawer full of patch leads, all the proper short ones were cheap crap, but I doubt it will make any practical difference in my world.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:

wow! not bad! :)
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 569
    edited August 2018
    Finally happy with mine (for now)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bet that sounds fantastic @dangriffiths ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bet that sounds fantastic @dangriffiths ;
    Yeah it really does - just needs a better player now! Also needs a hoover haha
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Gassage said:

wow! not bad! :)

way too many colours for me, but still pretty good.