Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7411
    I didn't want to start a thread for this alone but I'm finally sick of working without a pedalboard, patching in pedals as and when I need them is chaotic and unprofessional and it's making me want to die. I bought a huge board (Creation Music Co 32x16), a big fucking PSU (CIOKS Ciokolate) and I'm ready to go. I'm just trying to figure out my signal path here. I have 2 pedals I'd like to buy to be, sigh, 'done'. A Red Panda Context v2 (or similar DSP reverb) and a Moog MF Chorus/similar. I run my Shallow Water and Retrovibe before drive because I prefer vibe before dirt and the Shallow Waters little undulations giving rise to more/less gain as it peaks is nice. I'd appreciate any glaring idiocy being underlined: 

Big box EHX Pog -> Fairfield Accountant (Comp) -> Jam Retrovibe -> Fairfield Shallow Water -> Volume Pedal -> Hudson Broadcast -> AnalogMan Sunface -> Chorus -> CB Blooper -> CB Mood -> Big box Deluxe Memory Man -> Sole Mate -> Context v2 (or other reverb) 

Reverb at the end incase I ever want something stereo. 
    How come compressor after POG?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16284
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    Quite happy with this set up, managed to use it at band volume at weekend at it performed well…

• jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 303
    I didn't want to start a thread for this alone but I'm finally sick of working without a pedalboard, patching in pedals as and when I need them is chaotic and unprofessional and it's making me want to die. I bought a huge board (Creation Music Co 32x16), a big fucking PSU (CIOKS Ciokolate) and I'm ready to go. I'm just trying to figure out my signal path here. I have 2 pedals I'd like to buy to be, sigh, 'done'. A Red Panda Context v2 (or similar DSP reverb) and a Moog MF Chorus/similar. I run my Shallow Water and Retrovibe before drive because I prefer vibe before dirt and the Shallow Waters little undulations giving rise to more/less gain as it peaks is nice. I'd appreciate any glaring idiocy being underlined: 

Big box EHX Pog -> Fairfield Accountant (Comp) -> Jam Retrovibe -> Fairfield Shallow Water -> Volume Pedal -> Hudson Broadcast -> AnalogMan Sunface -> Chorus -> CB Blooper -> CB Mood -> Big box Deluxe Memory Man -> Sole Mate -> Context v2 (or other reverb) 

Reverb at the end incase I ever want something stereo. 
    How come compressor after POG?
    'Cos I'm using it for dirty gross squishies, which is quite fun after the POG. That could go either way, though. 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    DaevidJ said:
    I was trying to stick to one pedal board... Seems with a few additions that are needed that this has changed somewhat and now i have a board for front end and one for the loop...

Does the plumes do a solid TS thing as well as being more versatile (clean boost setting etc)? Could it replace a TS mini in that regard?
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1662
    hated the home made board so bought a new (cheap) pedalboard of Amazon

dindude said:
    Latest iteration, not a lot this board can’t do. 

what is the gold pedal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    markblack said:
    dindude said:
    Latest iteration, not a lot this board can’t do. 

what is the gold pedal?
    It's the JHS Morning Glory, it's like a Blues Breaker.
    @RaymondLin cheers.
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    TINMAN82 said:
    DaevidJ said:
    I was trying to stick to one pedal board... Seems with a few additions that are needed that this has changed somewhat and now i have a board for front end and one for the loop...

Does the plumes do a solid TS thing as well as being more versatile (clean boost setting etc)? Could it replace a TS mini in that regard?
    Yes it can, whilst having it's own thing. With three settings the middle one is good for clean boost and the tone control is quite versatile. I have also used in for bass tracking to great effect! Heh i am writing this on the day that i am considering building a new wooden pedalboard to house my newly acquired Loomer and Context V2 pedals... plus space for maybe a Stereo Memory Man and possibly a Delay Llama!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    edited July 2021

This is my final iteration of this board. A version of which I’ve used for a decade now. The two enduring boxes are the Goosoniqueworx 7thvn JFET distortion and the Line 6 M5. 

The bottom tier is my gain stages (TS mini, Russian Pickle, Goosoniqueworx 7thvn).

Then the Bright Onion trails looper switches in the top tier for mod/delay fX (M5/DD200/Walrus SLO). When I switch that out you get delay trails so it sounds ace. The exp pedal is for the M5.

Power underneath is a Cioks DC5.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 671
    I owe a lot of these to you excellent gents on this forum. :)

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice indeed, quality selections @Aornic ;
    Very nice indeed, quality selections @Aornic ;

Thanks! This is strictly a stay at home board. I have others for when things open up.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 456
    edited July 2021
    I don't change my pedalboard very often at all (the last one was built around 15 years ago and very few changes were made to it) but since it seems that most gigs work better going DI these days, I thought it was time for a change.

I actually use a Kemper Stage for most things but this new board gives a really nice DI alternative that will also work nicely in the traditional way, going in front of an amp. The signal chain is basically guitar into active Lehle mono volume pedal to the input of the HX Stomp then drives/pog2 and iridium in the HX Stomp's FX loop. Everything is powered by a TrueTone CS7 so you plug one IEC cable in and it's all ready to go. Quite pleased with it so far!

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8061
    Aornic said:

MEGA!!!

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2330
    Aornic said:

Hope you're not playing that through a Peavey Bandit :) 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 643
    edited July 2021
    susbemol said:
    I don't change my pedals very often at all (the last one was built around 15 years ago and very few changes were made to it) but since it seems that most gigs work prefer going DI these days, I thought it was time for a change.

I actually use a Kemper Stage for most things but this new board gives a really nice DI alternative that will also work nicely in the traditional way, going in front of an amp. The signal chain is basically guitar into active Lehle mono volume pedal to the input of the HX Stomp then drives/pog2 and iridium in the HX Stomp FX loop. Everything is powered by a TrueTone CS7 so you plug one IEC cable in and it's all ready to go. Quite pleased with it so far!

Love the compactness of this - what is it about the amp sims of the Iridium you prefer?
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 456
    Beexter said:
    susbemol said:
    I don't change my pedals very often at all (the last one was built around 15 years ago and very few changes were made to it) but since it seems that most gigs work prefer going DI these days, I thought it was time for a change.

I actually use a Kemper Stage for most things but this new board gives a really nice DI alternative that will also work nicely in the traditional way, going in front of an amp. The signal chain is basically guitar into active Lehle mono volume pedal to the input of the HX Stomp then drives/pog2 and iridium in the HX Stomp FX loop. Everything is powered by a TrueTone CS7 so you plug one IEC cable in and it's all ready to go. Quite pleased with it so far!

Love the compactness of this - what is it you prefer about the amp sims of the Iridium you prefer?
    To me, it feels like the Iridium responds a lot better to different guitars, pedals and playing dynamics. And also it takes a lot less messing about with settings to get a good sound from it. 
    Fishboy7 said:
    Aornic said:

Hope you're not playing that through a Peavey Bandit :) 
    Vyse Amps Princeton Reverb with a 12 inch Jensen.  :)