Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    edited October 2021
    Latest incarnation....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jota said:
    Interesting @Jota , I have been contemplating swapping my Secret Preamp for a Pico-Pre in order to stash it under the board in much the same way. Interested to know if that volume knob stays in the right spot or constantly needs to be dialed in to where you want it? (silly little fiddly things like this annoy me!). 

I assume you need the volume knob somewhere between zero and full up?
    The volume knob has some kind of rubber band underneath it to prevent from accidentally turning. It doesn't move easily.
    Since I can't turn it off to set it at unity like I did with the EP-Pre (although I tried to alternate between the two to try and get them as close as I could) I just sent an email to Peter Clinch to see how different it is from the pedal in terms of the volume knob.
    I actually just came from rehearsal and something wasn't working right. I checked and I had the Broadcast and the Pico running at 9V and the Supatrem at 18V!
    Put the Supatrem back at 9V, Pico at 12V and Broadcast at 18V and everything sounded perfect. I think my guitar was a bit louder than what it used to so, maybe the volume on the Pico-Pre is set a bit over unity.
    Helpful insight, thanks. A touch over unity is fine, just wondered how easy it is to move the knob accidentally, but it seems that has been considered  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057

As things stand currently.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    edited October 2021

The Boss board is finally complete!. 
    Love it! I can’t get enough of the new Boss stuff. Still got this which is massive overkill but I love the sounds and the ease of use -

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689
    Dan_Halen said:

Love it! I can’t get enough of the new Boss stuff. Still got this which is massive overkill but I love the sounds and the ease of use -

How do the DD200 effects compare to the HX effects?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Dan_Halen said:

The Boss FX are better than the Helix I used to have.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    Utterly loving the all Boss boards. 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Dan_Halen said:

They're both great but I think I prefer the Boss for straight up delay sounds. The HX can obviously do all the weird stuff which is great but I sort of maybe make a cool ambient delay sound, go that's nice, then never actually use it for anything.

Feels like with the Boss I just choose the delay type and the sound I'm after is right there, ready to go. Also, say with a pristine digital delay, on the HX I'm tweaking to get it to sound like the Boss because the Boss is the sound in my head.... so might as well just use the Boss.

Obviously the HX can probably copy anything the Boss can do and I'd probably not be able to tell the difference but it’s nice to just turn knobs sometimes.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7753

My current set up:

May be an image of indoor

No photo description available
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • T.AvonT.Avon Frets: 25
    @Paul_C really interesting setup. What kind of music do you play?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7753
    T.Avon said:
    @Paul_C really interesting setup. What kind of music do you play?

I make weird abstract stuff, and lots of it ;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Gassage said:
    Almost as good as the Cornish boards :D :D :D 

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Almost as good as the Cornish boards :D :D :D 

Certainly more colourful :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    edited October 2021
    This is potentially all I will need going forwards so long as the Stomp works well in 4CM. Might even ditch the Drop as Poly Capo is so good, haven't quite decided yet. The only potential changes might be an external 2 button FS and a Bright Onion patch bay so I can keep all my ins/outs at the top of the board.

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 918
    edited October 2021
    Latest incarnation for some gigs last month. Experimented with reverb before drive, which was a lot of fun before the Levitation footswitch died.

Yes, I know the cables are a mess.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/me2rsc7wtbgoltn/20211015_090942.jpg?raw=1

• Dan_Halen said:

The Boss FX are better than the Helix I used to have.

I'm not really fan of either but wouldn't/couldn't say they are all better for brand x over y. Things like the boss phaser and flanger have always been able to strip the enamel from teeth for example.

I've usually found that most of the range that boss offers is done better by other brands (quite often by ehx funnily enough (excluding the iffy build quality)) with the exception of dimension c 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • New setup. 

Can either be all front end of the amp, or the larger board can sit in the Effects loop. 
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • New setup. 

Can either be all front end of the amp, or the larger board can sit in the Effects loop. 
    Just been reacquainting myself with the Mercury7 on guitar… good Lord it’s great. CE-2w ain’t half bad either - really enjoying the CE1 setting. 

• Just finished my giggin board off....

Lots of Nice Guitars, and not enough pedals!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • T.AvonT.Avon Frets: 25
    New setup. 

Really into this setup. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to play through.