Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• ...though I must. Apparently it’s not the done thing to shut yourself in your room and play guitar on Xmas day. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    ...though I must. Apparently it’s not the done thing to shut yourself in your room and play guitar on Xmas day. 
    You can tell her I let you, blame the stranger on the internet.
  • ...though I must. Apparently it’s not the done thing to shut yourself in your room and play guitar on Xmas day. 
    You can tell her I let you, blame the stranger on the internet.
    I can’t see that one working! On a side note, would like to try the RKM at some point. Strikes me as the only thing that might get close to the Moog. 
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    edited December 2017
    I shoved some spare pedals that haven't made it on to my main board on to a Nano sized board I found under a settee.

I've ended up with a rather cheeky little board.

Trem/delay by Juansolo with great artwork, superb quality Death Star 1 (DS1 clone) made by Adam MD and the obligatory TU-2 tuner by Boss.

Just need the Diago Powerstation I've bought to arrive so I can take it for a test drive.

https://i.imgur.com/uGKGRle.jpg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right then, done! So. Much. Midi. 

http://i.imgur.com/0oL6kvM.jpg
    Genuinely a labour of love and terrifying at the same time, wow.
  • clarkefan said:
    Right then, done! So. Much. Midi. 

Genuinely a labour of love and terrifying at the same time, wow.
    Definitely the first part. Not terrifying though - it’s a joy!
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6869
    Heres mine. Simple compared to some of what I'm seeing here!!!! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188

That looks tight as - I'm not smart enough to understand how/what is patched to what and how you wired your expression etc, but that looks wild. What are you using for power? The bottom as neat as well? 
  • JEPBLEP said:

That looks tight as - I'm not smart enough to understand how/what is patched to what and how you wired your expression etc, but that looks wild. What are you using for power? The bottom as neat as well? 
    its pretty neat, yeah. none of this bespoke right angles only cabling, but its tidy and concise. The expression pedal is wired into the feedback of the Moog. we run Midi clock from our laptop live electronics into a thru box underneath my board. This is then split; its goes directly to my looper so that live looping is always bang in time with the rest of the bands electronics, and it also goes into the Morningstar MC6 Midi controller. This clock is then fed to the Moog, Polymoon, Ottobit, H9 and Warped Vinyl so that all clocked stuff is also in time, and it also sends PC / CC midi changes to the H9, Moog, the three Meris and the two Chase Bliss. (theres a Chase bliss midibox underside too, feeding the Meris and Chase Bliss pedals). 

Its all powered by a Cioks / Eventide Powerfactor 2 connected via their link series to a Cioks Schizophrenic, so thankfully the whole board is one plug into the mains. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JEPBLEP said:
    its pretty neat, yeah. none of this bespoke right angles only cabling, but its tidy and concise. The expression pedal is wired into the feedback of the Moog. we run Midi clock from our laptop live electronics into a thru box underneath my board. This is then split; its goes directly to my looper so that live looping is always bang in time with the rest of the bands electronics, and it also goes into the Morningstar MC6 Midi controller. This clock is then fed to the Moog, Polymoon, Ottobit, H9 and Warped Vinyl so that all clocked stuff is also in time, and it also sends PC / CC midi changes to the H9, Moog, the three Meris and the two Chase Bliss. (theres a Chase bliss midibox underside too, feeding the Meris and Chase Bliss pedals). 

Its all powered by a Cioks / Eventide Powerfactor 2 connected via their link series to a Cioks Schizophrenic, so thankfully the whole board is one plug into the mains. 
    That sounds awesome - one day I'll get my head around all that. ;) Checked out the album - sounds ace!

Had a little cabinet made to keep things tidy in the study - it’s low enough to be able to swing a foot at, but is mostly perfect for swivelling my chair around and tweaking without spending hours with my ass on the floor. :sweat_smile: 

Measured it out so it fits a JTM1 head and the Space Echo side by side - taking the whirring of the tape away from the cab. Also, more knobs to twist…

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JEPBLEP said:

Had a little cabinet made to keep things tidy in the study - it’s low enough to be able to swing a foot at, but is mostly perfect for swivelling my chair around and tweaking without spending hours with my ass on the floor. :sweat_smile: 

Measured it out so it fits a JTM1 head and the Space Echo side by side - taking the whirring of the tape away from the cab. Also, more knobs to twist…

Re: the album, thanks man. 

Thats not exactly a Luddites setup you have yourself either?!
    JEPBLEP said:

Re: the album, thanks man. 

Thats not exactly a Luddites setup you have yourself either?!
    Ha, can't complain - but that's exactly it, I've got a couple of pedals on there that would probably benefit from some MIDI magic, but I need to do some more research on that. :)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    JEPBLEP said:i

Love the little house for the space echo! 
    Owning one of them is on my gear bucket list! 

Where abouts in the chain have you got it?
    sgosden said:
    JEPBLEP said:i

Love the little house for the space echo! 
    Owning one of them is on my gear bucket list! 

Where abouts in the chain have you got it?
    Thanks! It's looped in through the Lehle, so that the signal can pass through when it's off. That sits in after the Phase 90 and before the Black Fountain.

The full chain is: [Guitar] > Cinco Cinco PB > Polytune 3 (TB) > Spaceman Sputnik > Shin’s Music Dumbloid > Pete Cornish NG-2 > Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop > Klon Centaur > Origin Effects Cali76-TX > ’85 Proco RAT > Analogman King of Tone > EQD Tone Job > Hologram Dream Sequence > Hologram Infinite Jets > Dr Scientist BitQuest > Analogman MXR ’74 Phase 90 CSP026 > Roland Space Echo RE-201 (via Lehle) > OBNE Black Fountain > Strymon Big Sky > Boss Looper RC-3 > Cinco Cinco PB > [Amp]
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    edited December 2017
    @JEPBLEP - man, I love you little creative cupboard/stand that youve made there...

Truly inspires me to do the same, maybe with my old Dad as a project, and I could house the Fryette Power Station too... hmmm...

Brilliant stuff.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    JEPBLEP said:

I keep coming back to look at this board, it’s like who’s and who of pedals, Klon, Cali, analogue man, spaceman, Cornish, Fairfield, Strymon, and it’s so neat and tidy.
    @JEPBLEP - man, I love you little creative cupboard/stand that youve made there...

Truly inspires me to do the same, maybe with my old Dad as a project, and I could house the Fryette Power Station too... hmmm...

Brilliant stuff.
    Thanks man! To be honest, it was more of a lack-of-space-driven decision. Living in London, space is at a premium and as the "studio" is also my "office", is also our "guest room", is also our "work bench", is also our "laundry room", keeping things organised helps as things inevitably get a bit more messy. :)

But yeah, it would be a super neat project - get everything just the way you want it. I looked around a bit for various coffee tables that would do the trick etc, but you end up spending over 200 quid for a bit of plywood that inherently only ticks a couple of boxes, so this was easier. If you can do it yourself, even better, but I simply don't have the tools and space to do it here, so I got in touch with Haydon at @brixdesignworks in Peckham. 
    edited December 2017
    JEPBLEP said:

Had a little cabinet made to keep things tidy in the study - it’s low enough to be able to swing a foot at, but is mostly perfect for swivelling my chair around and tweaking without spending hours with my ass on the floor. sweat_smile 

I keep coming back to look at this board, it’s like who’s and who of pedals, Klon, Cali, analogue man, spaceman, Cornish, Fairfield, Strymon, and it’s so neat and tidy.
    Thanks man! Appreciate it's a bit of a hype-board, but hey - if it ain't broken... Plenty of effort that went into the neat and tidy bit - did a little write-up here (bonus pics of the underneath ).