How the hell

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Did PMT get my work Email address to send my "promotional Emails"?

I've never purchased from them other than in store...

And don't give out my work Email Address randomly.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited August 2013
    Here's another. I recently bought something from my local Apple store. 'Would you like us to e-mail the receipt to you?' I said this would be fine. They asked me for NO personal details. I paid by credit card, which carries my first and middle initials, along with my surname. Now I do have an Apple ID (so they have my e-mail address) but the card i used was not the card I use on ITunes. Before I'd left the store, the receipt had arrived on my phone. They ARE watching us you know....
  • You cant buy anything in maplin without giving your address either.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I didn't give out my work address though......

For anything like that I'd only give out my personnal one, and didn't give them that either.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    You cant buy anything in maplin without giving your address either.

Which is why I always give my address as: Buckingham Palace London SW1A 1AA. Only once have I been queried about it. I said I was "2nd Corgi".
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    Last time I was asked for my address at Maplins I queried why. 

"To send you details of offers and promotions"

"No thanks, I'll just check your website"
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Pay cash and lie. Your data is yours. Call them up and threaten them with lawyers, be really aggressive and nasty. I'm afraid they Wong stop unless you do.
  • vizviz Frets: 11024
    edited August 2013
    Evilmags said:
    I'm afraid they Wong stop unless you do.

:)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited August 2013
    I always ask why when I'm asked for address or e-mail, and generally refuse. Only because I know that as soon as I give either out, I'll be subjected to a further torrent of shite, physical, or electronic. The refusal sometimes throws them into confusion, and in one case it looked to be sheer panic. I've walked away from a transaction rather than give out any details. I draw the line at wrapping alloy foil around my head, though.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25495
    I'd be inclined to give them the address of their own head office, so they end up spamming themselves. :D
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 863
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'd be inclined to give them the address of their own head office, so they end up spamming themselves. :D
    I have a stolen shopping basket by my front door that I throw all my junk mail into and takeaway menus... When it starts getting full I just stuff any pre-paid envelopes with other junk and takeaway menus and send it straight back to them!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom