SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: B Bender Telecaster

lentolento Frets: 126
edited January 2018 in Guitars £
Bought this on a whim earlier this year but have barely played it since so think it's time for it go to someone who will play it more often. It's had a good set-up by a local luthier who dressed the frets and it now has a really good low action.

It was a limited run by Gregory USA around 7 years ago, I believe. There's not very much info about this except to say he is/was a Nashville picker who's had a mixed bag of comments on the Telecaster tdpri forum. 
I had the control plate flipped around as I wanted the volume control nearer to hand - an easy job to put it back though. 
The pick-ups are active EMG's, completely noiseless, with very smooth and responsive  volume and tone controls.
Sperzel locking machine heads.
It has a white scratchplate (included) but I took it off preferring the overall look of the quilted top.

The previous owner told me it had come from a collector and it doesn't look as if it's seen much playing time. There are a few scratchmarks between the contol plate and bridge and a misplaced screw hole, under where the scratchplate sits, but it's in excellent condition throughout. The back is virtually unmarked.
The neck is one-piece solid maple with a rolled edge fingerboard. For some reason the neck heel has been left unfinished but doesn't affect playability and hardly noticeable. Think it's a 9.5 radius and very comfortable with a good balance between slim and fat. Not sure about the body - 2 piece ?
The bender doesn't follow the normal Fender Parsons/Green type - the back of the body is complete and the mechanics (spring etc) have been 'inserted'. Adjustment or stopping point is next to the strap pin and uses an allen key. Included is a very nice Levy leather strap.
Weight is around 4kg.
Come with a case and collection preferred but can be shipped in a carton or may arrange to meet/deliver etc, depends where you are.
Looking for £450 ........... As usual, any questions etc ....

Imgur is not accepting my uploads so bear with me as I've just joined Flickr ...... not sure if there are going to post here or you have to click on ......

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments