SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - PRICE DROP- 1991 mij Charvel ST Custom Strathead

What's Hot
iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
edited March 2014 in Guitars £
Don't really want to sell this but an incoming Candy Apple HRR from @doug and the 'Guitar Entente 2014' signed with the wife specifies one in one out :-(

1991 Charvel Japan ST Custom strat head

Imported from South Africa about 7 years ago, I haven't seen another strat head since then (or I would have bought it ). Seen a few awful paddle heads . Rare.

2 piece ash body, translucent dark Brown finish. Countered heel for upper access

Thin Maple neck with dark tight RW board, 0.79 thick at 1st fret. Nut width 1.65 ( interestingly exactly the same thinness and nut as the Fender hot rod reissue neck)

Original 2 point pivot bridge with roller nut and staggered saddles. Set up floating - doesnt go out of tune . Just like a floyd without the nut. Great Great vibrato.

Pups were a weak point and I swapped out when I got it to a JB in the bridge and a (can't remember name but £30) bucker from axes r us in the neck. 1 volume and 1 tone ( push/pull for coil tap on JB) and a gibbo 3 way toggle . Original pups and plate long gone.

A few dings on top and buckle wear on rear. Original case in great nick. Set up 2 years ago by Peter at guitar tech services including full dress and receipt to prove. Low action , no choking , great player . Only selling because I 'needed' a candy apple red strat and was foolishly drawn into signing a legal document with the wife about gas...... Having said that would rather hide it in the loft than give her away.

£400 ...price drop .....£350 collected Notts £310 without case .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments