Does anyone watch TV these days?

What's Hot
NeillNeill Frets: 943
I think I have watched about half an hour of telly in the last week.  I simply cannot find anything in the schedules worth sitting down to watch nowadays.  My wife watches these formulaic "cop shows" all the time, I would rather eat my own sick.  There isn't any decent comedy on anymore it's all wise cracks and pseudo quiz programmes that are doubtless cheap to make.

Oh by the way the half an hour was the wonderful "No 9" which is hidden away on BBC2 just before Newsnight on Tuesdays. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28420
    I'm watching some right now - snooker finals on BBC2.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Hardly ever. Too inconvenient expecting or wanting to be available at a single time slot to watch something. I'm not much of a box watcher, but when I do I spend my time on Netflix

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    I watch a lot of stuff that's on BBC4 and occasionally BBC2 - but very rarely in real time, I almost always download it on iPlayer and watch it when I want to.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Not at all. 

Internet + Netflix + Prime. 

Done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    edited January 2018
    Late night after I wake on sofa is always a quick Wheeler Dealers or Chasing Classic Cars-type prog on Quest. 

Anyone seen the ridiculous Salvage Hunter spin-out into trading classic cars?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Not since they sent me a letter saying Dear Phil, You need to renew your TV licence and by the way you can't do it at your local Post Office any more. Shortly after that, they switched off analog telly. My big ol' crt machine is still OK for watching DVDs and VHS cassettes (although I haven't acquired any recently I've still got watchable old ones).
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Haven't watched telly for 9-10 years and I don't feel like I'm missing anything apart from some of the sports coverage. On the other hand I'm grateful I don't have to watch any football.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 2065
    I watch the News, Newsnight plus stuff on BBC4 (mostly subtitled dramas). Watch a bit on Amazon Prime, really can't be arsed with Netflix although my daughter "borrows" someone else's account once every few months to watch something. Have paid for the odd movie from Amazon / BT.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1058
    edited January 2018
    Currently watching ski Sunday, but I usually watch Amazon Prime/Netflix/YouTube more than regular freeview tv ( I don’t have sky)
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    57Deluxe said:
    Late night after I wake on sofa is always a quick Wheeler Dealers or Chasing Classic Cars-type prog on Quest. 

Pretty much this apart from on Discovery. I tend to watch from 9 or 10pm until 11pm. Sometimes the TVs just watching me sleep. The content most channels put out is exactly what I dont want to watch, its pretty stagnant nowadays. I use YouTube for videos on whatever subject and stuff like Reddit for falling down the rabbit hole.
     Having channels dictate when you watch something  is an outdated concept, Netflix and Prime are the model that works for most consumers in a TV sense.
     I can see TV dying a death over the next 10-15 years unless something radical happens, my kids dont watch TV at all, they use their phone or tablet so unless they can capture the next generation it'll die.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• If I have a spare 30 minutes I'll watch Eastenders. Or some football. Other than that not really.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Other than football I watch almost no live TV. 

Big Cats and Blue Planet are the only recent things I can think of. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    Is there stuff on our telly? Yes, quite a bit. Four of us in the house so between live TV, on demand or just having YouTube videos beamed it doesn’t get much rest. 

Do I sit and focus on something that’s being broadcast live? A bit, big football matches kind of stuff although I half watch quite a bit of things ( telly on, iPad on my lap).

Do I watch on demand television? Yes,but probably more BBC ( iPlayer) than anything else. 

Of all all the channels on Freeview I could probably just live with the BBC ones and Dave ( as a Dave Gorman fanboy).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I have got the snooker on as I type but very rarely watch scheduled tv, I don’t watch much on demand to be fair... I plays records I does.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2248
    edited January 2018
    57Deluxe said:

In Conwy on Saturday...

*Erm.. mobile image buggered.. imagine a picture of drew Pritchard in the window of his new shop... Will sort pic later

sorted :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25016
    I have the TV on, but there's not much I actually sit down to watch.  I don't have Sky or Netflix or Amazon or anything so I have to make do with what's on Freeview.  Usually it's on Horror Channel (in the rare event there's something I haven't seen), Film Four or Challenge.
  • Glad to see its not just me. Very little indeed as far as I'm concerned. And I include the likes of Netflix and Amazon in all that - I might fall asleep to MOTD on Saturday night but other than that, I watch TV very rarely indeed.
  • RaraRara Frets: 5
    Not at all. 

Internet + Netflix + Prime. 

Done.
    That's the trifecta of the good sh*t.

I haven't watched terrestrial tv in 3 and a half years. Don't miss it at all!
  • I have no live tv and use Netflix amazon and iPlayer online. When I lived away in the week for a year, my flat had no tv or internet. I was never bored and got loads done
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    Eggheads, some stuff on BBC4 an the history chanel but mostly I'm into yootoob a lot.