SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Want To Buy: Catalinbread Talisman (Sorted)

WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10090
edited February 2018 in FX £
Anyone got one they fancy moving on ?

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10090
    Anyone ?
  • Just seen one go up on eBay. I’d fully recommend the pedal btw. It’s awesome. 
    Just seen one go up on eBay. I’d fully recommend the pedal btw. It’s awesome. 
    Thanks mate - Ive contacted the eBay seller
    Cash-a-waiting
  • My desert island pedal, best plate reverb money can buy. Good luck finding one.
  • I got mine from hotrox 2 weeks ago and it kicks ass big time.
    To be fair, I have owned one before, and indeed was a very early adopter of them...

They have shot up in price too, and with all the 'end of times' goings on at Catalinbread, I wonder where their future lies...
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    To be fair, I have owned one before, and indeed was a very early adopter of them...

They have shot up in price too, and with all the 'end of times' goings on at Catalinbread, I wonder where their future lies...
    What’s up at Catalinbread then Waz?

Sorted.
    JohnPerry said:

What’s up at Catalinbread then Waz?
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/whats-happened-to-catalinbread.1882155/

thread 709

You won’t hear the official story because the crew that built and designed those pedals are under legal threat to not say anything. After Nick passed away, his mother took control of the company, and while bless her heart and so sorry for her loss, what they did to the crew was unbelievable and downright stupid. People were forced to quit after they didn’t want to continue working under the new management (who, as you can see, doesn’t know how to run the company), and not only were they forced to quit, but are under threat to not talk about what’s going on, or build pedals anymore. I bet Howard, the true mastermind of this company got so badly screwed. Where is he? No one works there anymore. Catalinbread is dead, and these Facebook posts saying “hey guys, we’re ok,” is false hope. They screwed over and threatened their crew, I’m not surprised none of us are getting our questions answered or our pedals fixed. And if you want proof, I just saw that they went to Namm this year, and it’s clear that all their talent is gone. It’s pretty sad to see this happen to one of my favorite pedal companies. I use their echorec and talisman on my board, and I’m holding on to them, since I doubt they’ll produce anything like that again. 
    Sounds like they’re probably in a huge legal mess and will run out of money in no time. They raised their prices, but their quality is in the toilet. No old crew, no Catalinbread. That was Nick’s legacy... sad. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4105
    That's a terrible shame if the company is going belly up. They've made some absolutely cracking pedals. I too love my Talisman.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 643
    Glad you're sorted Waz. It's a fantastic pedal. I tried a few reverbs before the Talisman and i love it. I found shimmer got annoying quite quickly so much prefer the straight up sounds of the Talisman. Shame that all doesn't seem well with Catalinbread though.
  • ive found one of the knockout features of the talisman is how amazing it sounds with an overdriven tone, much better imo than how spring verb works used that way.
    ive found one of the knockout features of the talisman is how amazing it sounds with an overdriven tone, much better imo than how spring verb works used that way.
    YES, this is the secret of the Talisman - it doesn't seem to splash or become unruly with ODs
  • Shame to hear about the antics at Catalinbread, they did (do?) produce some cracking pedals. Love the Belle Epoch, but wasn't at all smitten with the Talisman when I owned one, not a patch on my Mr Black Supermoon - yes a very different verb I know, but then my ears are different too!