NGD GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD PLUS

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2385
in Guitar tFB Trader

This is the first new guitar that I’ve brought for over 25 years the last one was for my son a after he passed his “A” levels a Yamaha MSG (so much better then a PRS and about a third of the price) that he still has it but the trem  has worn out and Yamaha do not make the trem any more so it can not be repaired. Before that a USA Jackson Soloist for my sons 16th birthday.

SO the new guitar is a 2014 Gibson Les Paul standard plus. I’m totally overwhelmed with the sound and the quality of finish on this guitar, now that took a lot to say that as if you seen or played a L/P type guitar that I’ve made or any of the L/P guitars that custom builders who use my bodies and necks your know why.

I should point out that the guitar is not for me but for my granddaughter Martha. Martha is only 5 years old so the guitar will be put away till her 18th birthday, if she needs guitar before her 18th there will be one of my custom guitars made for her. I’ll will most likely make Martha a guitar this year any way. 

I have done this for my grandsons as well, Ben who is 12 now but in 2003 I got him a Fender Strat not new but as good as it was only 6 weeks old when I took it in part Ex for one of my wide neck Strats. My other grandson Zak has a Gibson “V” 90 put away for his 18th, they both have guitars built buy me to be going on with.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cor, that's pretty.

Happy ngd! Glad it's met your exceptional standards :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    What a brilliant thing to do and a beautiful guitar - great stuff indeed :)

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7054
    Nice! Your grand children are very lucky. I'm doing the same for my daughter but not necessarily for her 18th.

So far she has a Patrick Eggle put away - it feels quite small in the hand so will be ideal if she decides to play at a young age.

I've also bought her a YOB guitar which is currently in my custody and might get changed for something higher end.

Good to see the brown cases being brought back as well.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Hi Grandad !!!!!!!!!

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3893
    edited March 2014
    What if Martha doesn't want to play guitar? You just bought it for yourself, admit it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    tFB Trader
    Oh - it's very pretty Graham.... hadn't realised it was such a nice flametop when you described it to me.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

@GSPBASSES - I just love the fact that they have one of your guitars to 'make do with' until they get a Gibson or Fender, when most people would see it the other way around :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2385
    tFB Trader
    Yes your right @JookyChap bad choice of words what I should have said was they had guitars made up of bits and pieces of “B’ grade or rejected parts form custom builds. The photo below shows my two grandsons with the guitars I built for them two Christmas’s ago. At the time they were having guitar lesson but finding the size of the necks and bodies on acoustics a bit big and wide for they hands, this was putting them off. But now with these slim necks and bodies they are doing much better.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

Yes i can see they were slumming it.;)
    your humility does you proud

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited March 2014
    My neck from you was b grade.

It's beautiful. It's lightly figured, and made to perfection. It's actually made me realise how the fret ends stick out a bit on the Ltd.

And the body is a stunner. This is, assuming I can do it justice, going to be the best guitar I own. It's just perfect, even down to the inside of the routes being well done (previous bodies have always had a very rough inside).

So for you to be impressed, that must be a very good les paul. Lucky grandchildren!

I'd love to know what an A grade neck is like...
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Jesus, can you adopt me please?
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2385
    tFB Trader
    JookyChap said:
    Yes i can see they were slumming it.;)
    your humility does you proud
               Ho dear your right that dose sound very wrong on my part. What I  should have said “ They both have guitars I built for them out of “B” grade or rejected parts to be going on with until they were older or show real interest in playing guitar” not I know my guitars are better then Gibson or Fender.

Also the guitars I have put away for them are just as much a investment for them as if they do not take up the guitar then they can sell them. This all come about when the wife and I were writing our “Will’s” we thought it would be more interesting for them then just leaving them money. 

I also think in 10 - 20 years time most guitar players will still be playing the guitar of there guitar hero, what ever make it is and I should think it will still be a Gibson or Fender not a GSP.