SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Anybody have spare packaging/boxes for guitar amps?

DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
Trying to sell my Fryette (roughly the size of a JCM 800) but I feel it'd get more interest if I could post, however the original packaging is gone (because I'm an idiot) so...anybody have any guitar amp boxes just sitting around? I'd gladly take it off your hands. Have tried Coda and all other local guitar shops but no luck.

Would have to post as I don't drive, but I'll gladly cover the cost of postage and I'll even throw in a tenner your way for the trouble.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Bump for hopefulness. No such luck from Marshall, Blackstar et al!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Got a local supermarket of DIY store? They'll have boxes they chuck out. I got some boxes from my local Tesco store a few years back.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
     Type "How to make a cardboard box" into YouTube

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• PhilTQPhilTQ Frets: 36
    If you contact Marshall and say you want to ship a Marshall JCM800 they will sell you a box. I would then cover the amp with bubble wrap and pack it around inside the box (not polystyrene peanuts - they crush with weight).
    Might not be the cheapest option but cheaper than making an insurance claim when it gets dropped and smashed (and they say not insured due to inadequate packaging)
    Check the size of yours first though and compare to an 800. Dont want to find the box is too small!
    Other than that try a chemist. They often have large-ish boxes, but bubblewrap is the way to go. Cheap on ebay too.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    It's okay - I think Marshall are going to send me one after all! Hallelujah!
  • robbierobbie Frets: 16
    Cool. Though loving the how to make a cardboard box vid