Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Famous Fretboarder in LED horror shock

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    He must get covered in mozzies in the summer... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
     @Alan_Parkes

What does a custom build run to in £'s?
    Say I wanted an RG like Steve Vai's 20th Anni. Jem....?

Skip to 1:03 to see the effect.

Steve's doesn't have dancing fretboard lights (Loser!) but I'd like my version to have them, so what would that kind of thing come in at?
    (Yes I know it's difficult to quote, I mean what ballpark.....£600?,...£6,000? etc)
    It's certainly quite difficult to give you an accurate estimate, as it depends on your choice of pickups, and neck quality etc. I would need to look into this in more detail with some guidance from you.

I'm planning to make a fairly basic model with dynamically responding LEDS in the fretboard only for about £500. One with an acrylic body with dynamically responding LEDS in both the fretboard and guitar body (like the one I took to The Guitar Show at the weekend) is likely to be nearer £1K. However if you want performance grade/quality pickups and neck etc., it could be substantially more. I can also build and fit a Spectrumaxe neck to an existing guitar from around £200. However please check out the Q/A page on my website at: www.spectrumaxe.com
    Brilliant,

That was all I needed at this point, just to know where to aim (£) with this.
    I understand what you say about spec and price of course and I'll have a really good look around your website and chat to you directly from there when I can do this.

Thanks for the detailed reply Alan.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    I like it! My last build has fretboard lights, still haven't shown it at the forum. Too lazy to sort pix video etc. I was fun to do but I certainly wouldn't want to build one for anyone else!