'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2815
    The thing is, I really, really like the snow and we haven't really had a decent fall in Perth since 2010. So you'd think I'd be looking forward to later this week... Except I'm heading over to Seville to visit my daughter and will miss it (if it amounts to anything)... Ah, but at least you'll be able to enjoy a bit of Seville early spring warmth and sun I hear you say. Er no, the forecast is horrendous. Looks like I'll be getting an Atlantic storm which would normally follow a more northerly track over the UK, which has been pushed south by the blocking high that's starting to affect us...

BAH!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    Poor ol' Geordies, they'll have to try and find  thicker T-shirts to wear.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15218
    edited February 2018
    it'll never make it to South Wales, especially not the coast. 
    Really?

https://i.imgur.com/BMBXyaT.jpg?1

Watch what you eat.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its not even frosty here in Dorset.  Still waiting for something to reach us that justifies this amount of news coverage.

• The snow has caused sprog 2s school to be closed today.  
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25492
    I just looked outside - a very light dusting on the ground and clear skies.  I'm just leaving for Droitwich so I may have to take the long way up - M4, M5, as the Heads of the Valleys A465 / A40 / M50 route is likely to be very icy, being at higher altitude.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • We've got a covering here - no more than 1cm at the moment but it's still falling.

Slightly concerned as I live up in the hills and I've got a heating oil delivery due today and the tank is completely empty.  If they don't get today it's looking like it'll be over a week until I can get my heating back on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    RedRabbit said:
    We've got a covering here - no more than 1cm at the moment but it's still falling.

Slightly concerned as I live up in the hills and I've got a heating oil delivery due today and the tank is completely empty.  If they don't get today it's looking like it'll be over a week until I can get my heating back on.
    You should be OK. My experience of living at the top of a hill in Outer Herefordshire in the 1970s is that the tanker drivers aren't bothered by a little bit of snow.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Daughter's hatred of anything coat-shaped has reached new levels of stupidity. She just got on the school bus with a thin shirt and school cardigan, and nothing but a boil-in-the-bag hand warmer for comfort. I think it's about -3 or -4 at the moment.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Daughter's hatred of anything coat-shaped has reached new levels of stupidity. She just got on the school bus with a thin shirt and school cardigan, and nothing but a boil-in-the-bag hand warmer for comfort. I think it's about -3 or -4 at the moment.
    Sometimes it's best not to interfere with nature's lessons :).

As my daughter heads off to school in a mini-skirt and thin tights, although admittedly with a light padded jacket...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    RedRabbit said:
    We've got a covering here - no more than 1cm at the moment but it's still falling.

You should be OK. My experience of living at the top of a hill in Outer Herefordshire in the 1970s is that the tanker drivers aren't bothered by a little bit of snow.
    If it stays like it is now I've no doubt they'll get through. My concern is if I'm at the end of the route and a lot more snow falls before they get here.
  • Just looked out of the window here and my street looks almost magical. I'd guess there's 3" of snow on top of my car. Shame I'll have to spoil it later
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • All these posts and not a single picture. I am disappoint.

Though I really don't know what you're all complaining about. It RAINED here on Sunday. RAIN! In the desert!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Just looked out of the window here and my street looks almost magical. I'd guess there's 3" of snow on top of my car. Shame I'll have to spoil it later
    You probably know this already, but make sure you take it all off and not just clear the windows. Too many idiots drive around with that sort of snow pack on top of the car, then when they have to brake it slides down over the windscreen.

Legally you need to have the lights and number plates clear too. I just do the whole car, it's easy enough. A nylon yard brush is the perfect tool for shifting it, you can stand far enough back not to get the snow all over you and it doesn't scratch the paint.

Slightly disappointed that there's only about half an inch here so far. MrsICBM took the bus to work and left me the 4WD car in case there was more, but it doesn't look like I'll need it...

• Hardtail MTB + ice tyres + virgin snow = a damn fine commute. Shame there is work at the end of it!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2517
    Had a couple of inches overnight (Matron!). So this morning I donned my large jacket, jumped in the beemer and drove like an arsehole all the way to work.
    My cliche quota is looking good.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • vizviz Frets: 11023
    edited February 2018
    I'd guess there's 3" of snow on top of my car. Shame I'll have to spoil it later
    Don’t - it’ll smell when you turn the heater on. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4713
    edited February 2018
    Manchester snow report: roads fairly clear, fuckwittery at 100%.

Snow on your headlights and indicators?  That's a paddlin'.  Tailgating more aggressively than usual?  That's definitely a paddlin'.  Proving you're a *proper man* by driving your kids up a snow-covered residential street, at high speed, half on the pavement?

You better believe that's a paddlin'.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Sun, blue skies, no snow but cold  .... sounds like a song lyric ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2478
    edited February 2018
    4 - 5 inches here today. Looks lovely.

"https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4610/40514139611_1bffb6591c_b.jpg"