'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot

Comments

• randella said:
    KKJale said:
    Coming down nicely throughout central London now.

We'll never hear the end of it. 
    well at least the news bulletins won't have enough time for yet more on how HMG is screwing up Brexit and letting the remoaners tell us yet again why it's going to be such a disaster...
    To date, total number of "Remoaners" using a lighthearted thread about snow to shoehorn in a comment about Brexit: 0.
    'twas not an attempt to "shoehorn in a comment about Brexit" - it was an attempt to shoehorn in a comment about how the BBC rarely bangs on about anything else, so hearing about how London fares in the snow would be a light relief. Similar to when someone stops pushing matchsticks under your fingernails and starts beating you with a leather belt instead.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Flametop said:

North Kent is buried under 100,000 microns. The world has ended.

My entire factory crew made it in today for 6am bar one who fell off his bike trying. Finance, Marketing, Commercial - tumbleweeds blowing through the offices.

Guess who's on a salary and still gets paid...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    No snow here yet, due tomorrow. Then some idiot will drive his SUV up into the Wicklow mountains (with no valid reason to do so apart from proving he is a total idiot), get stuck and requires half the Dublin/Wicklow mountain rescue team to get him down. Stupidity should be a criminal offense. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Drove from east coast to Wales this morning. About to drive back. 

Pah.
    (95% of roads had no snow on them at all)
  • We've had at least an inch and a half in Ipswich! I woke up to an e-mail from my son's school saying that, due to the severe weather conditions, school was starting at 10.20am instead of 9am!??
    Link to my trading feedback
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Sporky said:
    Bucket said:
    Having a light snow shower here in north London atm. Some pretty impressive little flurries yesterday but nothing too disruptive.

I'm driving to Amersham today, Guildford this evening and then back to London tomorrow, I'm hoping that will all be ok.
    It is snowing in Guildford right now, but in a decorative way. It doesn't seem to be hitting the ground anywhere.
    Excellent.

Apparently Thursday is when the shit really hits the fan for us in London and the surrounding areas.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    edited February 2018
    Well my heating oil isn't coming. Driver is claiming there was no access. Apparently my neighbour's fiesta can make it through the snow but a heavy tanker can't.

Now without heating until the snow clears.  I know it's my fault for letting the tank run so low but I'm seriously pissed off at the supplier .
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    Flametop said:

My entire factory crew made it in today for 6am bar one who fell off his bike trying. Finance, Marketing, Commercial - tumbleweeds blowing through the offices.

How cynical!

:)

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Flametop said:

A few years ago we had one day where almost everyone from out of town didn't come in.

A director came in though, as he had a lunch squash appointment.  Arrived in his helicopter... :(

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    RedRabbit said:
    Well my heating oil isn't coming. Driver is claiming there was no access. Apparently my neighbour's fiesta can make it through the snow but a heavy tanker can't.

Now without heating until the snow clears.  I know it's my fault for letting the tank run so low but I'm seriously pissed off at the supplier .
    Any other suppliers nearby? Sounds like that lot don’t deserve your business.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2478
    p90fool said:
    Flametop said:

There's nothing like being self-employed to encourage a bit of forward thinking. I'd seen the forecasts days ago so made sure I had plenty of work I could do from home to keep me busy for a few days. Four or five inches of snow here this morning. Car was booked in for major service and MOT. Garage rang to say no-one's delivering parts today and MOT man had not turned up. Service postponed. After a few hours of sun the roads are just slush and the gardens and fields are down to a couple of inches. Daughter in Canada has four feet of snow so just laughs at us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My kids are very jealous. Chilly but clear and no snow here in Warwickshire. We had a bit flutter down earlier but all gone in a few minutes. 

Off to school as usual for them tomorrow. 
  • ICBM said:
    RedRabbit said:

Any other suppliers nearby? Sounds like that lot don’t deserve your business.
    None that'll be able to get here any sooner now.  I had a fairly heated discussion with their customer service team about it.  Apparently it was a health and safety issue and the woman I was speaking to kept telling my that it costs hundreds of thousands to clean up a spilt tanker.  Gave up in the end, told them to get it delivered as soon as they can and not to expect another order from me.

The problem is that they are by far the cheapest supplier I've found.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    @RedRabbit, most fuel suppliers have plastic containers, manageable sized, for oil sales. A couple of those full of oil will see you through the worst of the snow period.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:
    @RedRabbit, most fuel suppliers have plastic containers, manageable sized, for oil sales. A couple of those full of oil will see you through the worst of the snow period.
    Thanks.  I tried a few of the local suppliers last winter but they don't stock kerosene,  Might be worth another call though.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15218
    it'll never make it to South Wales, especially not the coast.
    Snow did reach South Wales, within five miles of the Irish Sea. It just did not arrive in quantity or stick around for very long. It is forecasted to have another go tomorrow. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2478
    Another blizzard here. Got the torches and lamps ready for the inevitable first power cuts......
    Just drove the woodhead pass in the 4x4

Lol. Not doing that again ;)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom