Cheese with bits of fruit in. Just why?

What's Hot

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2385
    tFB Trader
    Is cheese with fruit now  the new Marmite?

I hate Marmite but I don't mind cheese with fruit.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    edited March 2018
    Cheese should never be polluted by fruits, or any other foreign objects. 
    Which would mean cheese and Branston pickle sandwiches would be outlawed under your despotic totalitarian regime. 

We'll take you down like Ceausescu.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited March 2018
    Which would mean cheese and Branston pickle sandwiches would be outlawed under your despotic totalitarian regime. 

I seem to recall one vile manufacturer attempting to sell mini cheeses with Branston in them. Didn't last long. 

Cheese AND pickle sandwiches are fine. Pickle cheese is not. You don't put your chips inside a fucking fish do you?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30125

I seem to recall one vile manufacturer attempting to sell mini cheeses with Branston in them. Didn't last long. 

Cheese AND pickle sandwiches are fine. Pickle cheese is not. You don't put your chips inside a fucking fish do you?
    Branston Pickle Mini Cheddars are ace though.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Trying to stuff chips up a rutting cod is pretty hard. But not impossible. 

• Cheese should never be polluted by fruits, or any other foreign objects. 

Trying to stuff chips up a rutting cod is pretty hard. But not impossible. 
    The secret is to tickle them first, then lube

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Heartfeltdawn said:
    Branston pickle
    Blehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

One of the only things I can think of which is more disgusting than cheese polluted with dried fruit.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    If a cheese maker makes a fantastic cheese the last thing that would cross their mind is to put bits of fruit in it. 

Nobody would do that to anything other than rubbish cheese, so I'd rather just spend my money on something decent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1914
    I'm not against fruit in cheese, but whenever I've had it I find myself thinking how much better the cheese would have been without the fruit. And, you only seem to be able to get white stilton with fruit in. I think I would rather like it on its own.

I've just remembered my daughter used to have marmite cheese on ryvita for breakfast when she was about 6. Weirdo.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2518
    p90fool said:
    If a cheese maker makes a fantastic cheese the last thing that would cross their mind is to put bits of fruit in it. 

Nobody would do that to anything other than rubbish cheese, so I'd rather just spend my money on something decent. 
    This, absolutely this, and completely this.
    All of you fruit in cheese deviants just like crap cheese.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @Sesh Cropwell Bishop white stilton. 'twas a permanent fixture on the cheeseboard in a restaurant I worked in. 

https://cropwellbishopstilton.co.uk/our-range/white-stilton/

Absolutely cracking stuff. 

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    I do not understand it. Eat cheese with fruit.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    Cheese should never be polluted by fruits, or any other foreign objects. It’s clearly a lame attempt by cheese producers to appeal to hipsters, tree-huggers, and the kind of coffuired middle-managers that populate LinkedIn.

If you want fruit, nuts, or cranberries with cheese, go and buy some to eat with it.
    I don't agree, I think it's eaten by people who read a book once, and that was by Andy McNabb because their "mate was in the Gulf, right?". They aspire to play golf in Dubai. Tell me I'm wrong.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Steffo said:
    Be thankful it’s bits of fruit, you should try casu marzu  :o
    Currently onboard the Nopetrain to Fuckthatville
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1914
    @Sesh Cropwell Bishop white stilton. 'twas a permanent fixture on the cheeseboard in a restaurant I worked in. 

https://cropwellbishopstilton.co.uk/our-range/white-stilton/

Absolutely cracking stuff. 
    Thanks. Sadly no stockists near me.  :'(
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    To paraphrase Partridge - "More distance between the cheese and the fruit. I may want to mix them, but I want that to be my decision."
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1247
    Cheese with fruit in it? The dirty bastards!
    Link to my trading feedback
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Cheese should never be polluted by fruits, or any other foreign objects. It’s clearly a lame attempt by cheese producers to appeal to hipsters, tree-huggers, and the kind of coffuired middle-managers that populate LinkedIn.

If you want fruit, nuts, or cranberries with cheese, go and buy some to eat with it.
    Oh fuck, i have just been promoted into middle management, i have a Linkedin profile, i also dont mind a wee bit of fruit in my cheese. 

I best get me coat 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    I am happy to be a cheese-fruit deviant. It tastes nice, what’s not to like? I also like cheese without fruit and fruit without cheese, it’s all good. If you don’t like it you don’t have to eat it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140

Oh fuck, i have just been promoted into middle management, i have a Linkedin profile, i also dont mind a wee bit of fruit in my cheese. 

I best get me coat 

No, you’re fine as long as you aren’t got that gelled Barnet that so many of them are rocking. Unless you drive a BMW and holiday in Ibiza, of course.