Are You Into Guitars Or Guitar Playing?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3074
    I have some lovely guitars but I'd give them away in a heartbeat if I could swap them for being a competent player. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    GAS and playing.

I GAS after vintage rock/blues gear.  Amp GAS has mercifully subsided these days thankfully.  Last 2 guitars have been a PRS Jira SE (resclaimed wood), and a s/h LP Lemon Burst with knackered wiring (for a bit of TLC). But I've got all sorts of electrics, each one gets played now and then. Would love to be in a Free/Queen/Tom Petty/ACDC/Ziggy Stardust/Humble Pie/Steve Marriott/Thin Lizzy tribute band. I'm in a very occasional 70s/80s cover band (like a gig every 2-3 years) :(

I actually regularly play jazz using just 2 guitars (Sadowsky Archtop & LeVoi 503 style Maccaferri)

My name is Jalapeno and I have GAS
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 625
    edited March 2018
    Jalapeno said:
    GAS and playing.

Would love to be in a Free/Queen/Tom Petty/ACDC/Ziggy Stardust/Humble Pie/Steve Marriott/Thin Lizzy tribute band.

Can I be in it too?
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    I was going to say playing but to be honest I think I do more practicing technique than playing songs, that's not to say that I don't have some decent gear though but it's been more spaced so I'm not constantly looking at/buying things.
  • Have not had GAS since getting the Nathan Sheppard, before that I went through so many guitars(good and bad) so much so I won the coveted Intemusic GAS award one year..

now its all about the playing, something I have improved 10 fold over the last year, and I now only ogle over the one beautiful guitar.