SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SWAP: EMG 81/85 for WHY

What's Hot
KahunaKahuna Frets: 90
edited March 2018 in Parts £
Hi folks.  Having just scored a new guitar with a set of Duncans, I now have a spare to use while I swap out the pickups in my Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro.

I won't go into why it has the above pickups in it, and they've been fine as far as it goes (I don't care what anyone says, I like the clean sound), but it's time to swap them out for a set that is a bit less "metal".

I have (obviously) the above pickups, which are just the standard black covers.  I have two sets of pots (I only use one in my Eggle), all the cables, controller board, and input jack, so in an ideal world I'll be wanting the same in exchange.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, but passives only please, and no more EMG.  I'm looking for a straight swap (by post if you're not local), not cash either way.

What you got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    We don’t do feelers. If you want to sell then name your price. Otherwise the thread gets binned.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • KahunaKahuna Frets: 90
    How's that?
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    For an explanation read the Classified rules. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    I don't need an explanation mate, I just thought I saw an old thread on here with a similar title.  A simple "FYI, "feelers" aren't allowed here, just a heads up mate, so you might want to edit your thread before a moderator sees it"

See how that works?  How pleasantly the whole paragraph flows?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15222
    So, to clarify, an EMG-81/-85 pair is about to be removed from the Eggle Berlin. You like some aspects of the EMGs but seek more sonic variety and a "passive" dynamic response. 

You seem like a perfect candidate for the Fishman Fluence Classic humbucker pair. https://www.fishman.com/products/series/fluence/fluence-classic-humbucker-pickup/

If you know much about Seymour Duncan pickups, you will probably have heard of Frank Falbo. He had something to do with the design and sound evaluation. Yes, these pickups are active but they do not play as if they are.

Heeeeeeeerrrrrrre's Gregory.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm sure they're fine, but I just want to swap my EMGs for a pair of bog standard magnets of some description. Assuming the Fluence also require power, the cavity on an Eggle is tiny, and I'd rather just return to passive. I'd also have to find someone who wanted a straight swap. 
    Sunday bump.

Anyone out there looking for a change?