Bradley and Dave show

What's Hot
More muck spreading with regard to Tue's and Team Sky.
Who have they upset?
Will anyone let this go
Is there any concrete proof not just finger pointing 
Fed up now 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6239
    Que?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Bradley Wiggins & Dave Brailsford - as in Team Sky cycling and TdF (Tour de France).  More doping allegations alleged.
  • So silly.

It does make me wonder how someone with asthma can be a top performing endurance athlete though... 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1465
    It is getting a bit boring.  The fact that the report basically says that Team Sky crossed an 'ethical line' as opposed to cheat basically means no rules were broken.  So where's the story?  They did something legal to get their marginal gains?

Snore...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 238
    edited March 2018
    Yes very much snore bore.. 
    Can't the media/MP's find another successful sports person to pick on
    Ie. Lizzy Yarnold eats jelly babies!
    Do they boost performance etc...
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    So silly.

It does make me wonder how someone with asthma can be a top performing endurance athlete though... 
    They can't. Not without artificial help.
    Which is exactly why the waters are so cloudy.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    This is the back bench MPs going on about ethics. I did laugh out loud.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5027
    Doesn't look good whatever way you look at it.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6239
    Rocker said:
    Doesn't look good whatever way you look at it.
    I know what you mean..

http://www.picshag.com/pics/022010/borat-upside-down-face.jpg
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    ESBlonde said:
    Exactly (WIS'd) - they haven't got any evidence - muck raking/slinging.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2508
    I tend to agree that they acted unethically with the kenalog injections. They were allegedly for hayfever but I find it hard to believe Wiggins had hayfever so severe it needed 3 injections before 3 major races, particularly when one isn't held during hayfever season, and yet he managed the rest of the year without said injections.

However, presumably the purpose of this report was to establish whether any rules had been broken, and in this case they hadn't, so the ethics is essentially irrelevant.
    I do agree though that kenalog should be banned outright.
    Sky gamed the system, it'd be nice if they held their hands up and admitted it, but they didn't actually cheat, but much as in formula 1 fans for the purpose of generating downforce were banned, a lot of what is currently allowed under TUE should be banned.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2859
    Did anyone break any rules?
    did anyone factually break a pre-agreed “ethical line”?
    or did some people have an opinion that some other people might have crossed an ethical line that isn’t defined anywhere and therefore is a subjective opinion?

is this news?

funnily enough, this is now making me sympathetic towards Wiggins

i do find it ironic that the only ex member of Sky that the BBC news could find to interview and criticise Sky  was the one who actually has been banned 

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9777
    ESBlonde said:
    And he’s actually the MP for Thuthex!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    edited March 2018
    duotone said:
    Just watched it, I'd say I'm more convinced by Wiggins' response than anything I've heard from the politburo 'sports' committee. 
    For me Britain has a historical bias against cycling and road racing in particular and this is just another manifestation of it.
    At least cycling has had a long standing anti doping system (obviously because it was needed) when compared to the slip shod systems that were in place in Football and Rugby until recently. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    edited March 2018
    duotone said:
    Just watched that too. Got to say I believe him/his account, but I thought that he had to think for quite a while when asked directly whether they had crossed an ethical line - but then as the pro athlete his line is probably a bit higher than that of the general public (i.e. we think any drugs are bad, he thinks that as long as you're not breaking the rules then it's fair game).

Edit to add that I'm really surprised/suspicious of the lack of medical records that Sky have (or are willing to divulge). They're a team so concerned with small details that it seems very unlikely.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    Team sky promised clean. They've delivered ambiguity. Froome also under investigation remember. The sport is too tainted to believe, sadly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 629
    Sport is so tainted not just cycling. There are so many questions over sports people it gets pointless to ask them.
  • The MP's claim "anonymous sources" to back up their claims of "unethical behaviour". Bullshit. Produce the evidence or fuck right off. Either rules were broken or they weren't, end of story.

That's the nature of "all" modern sport. The deal refused during Operation Fuentes that offered up pretty much all European Tennis and Football stars is pretty telling. Keep the focus on those naughty cyclists, whilst the footy players, rugby guys and everyone else gets a free pass for a few more years.

The largest number of banned athletes in UK sport is in Rugby. And more and more it's at all levels.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom