Hermes are still shit!

What's Hot

Comments

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited January 2021
    “You can always see the character of a man by the courier he chooses”.  - A wise man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I won't even order from shops that use Hermes. Do any help that the local driver is a miserable tool of a man.
    I doubt insurance would help but as it's lost not damaged you should have a case.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Our Hermes lady is excellent. All couriers can be shit unfortunately, so much depends on your local driver. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    edited January 2021
    Our local Hermes guy is really good too. So are our Royal Mail posties... and DPD.

But Yodel are still shit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've just tried to complain to them because their driver keeps opening my front door and leaving parcels in my hallway - without even knocking.  Call me old fashioned but as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY people opening my door should be me and my wife.  If I catch the fucker doing it, I'm going to treat him like I would any intruder.

I bet you Hermes don't even get back to me.
    Sounds like a really good way to piss off the delivery driver. They probably think they’re doing you a favour by leaving it in a safe place.  Can’t you just lock the door? 
    No - the door, stupidly, requires keys on both sides to lock it.  When I leave for work, the missus is still in bed, so I don't want to lock it from the outside when I leave as that's a danger to her.

FUCK the delivery driver.  On what planet does ANY courier think that opening the door to a private home and stepping inside is acceptable, ?  My wife could be naked in the hallway, I could have a lunatic dog that eats people, I could be trying a strangly-wank from the coat rack...   
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I’m on first name terms with our Hermes chap, he’s very good. He even got a Christmas card and a tip from us. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    Yes ours is very good as was the one we had in the last place we lived. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Emp_Fab said:
     My wife could be naked in the hallway, I could have a lunatic dog that eats people, I could be trying a strangly-wank from the coat rack...   

I was thinking of popping round, but I've suddenly remembered I've got to wash my hair.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
     My wife could be naked in the hallway, I could have a lunatic dog that eats people, I could be trying a strangly-wank from the coat rack...   

I was thinking of popping round, but I've suddenly remembered I've got to wash my hair.
    Yes, I imagine you’d want to look your best before joining in with something like that. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've just tried to complain to them because their driver keeps opening my front door and leaving parcels in my hallway - without even knocking.  Call me old fashioned but as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY people opening my door should be me and my wife.  If I catch the fucker doing it, I'm going to treat him like I would any intruder.

Sounds like a really good way to piss off the delivery driver. They probably think they’re doing you a favour by leaving it in a safe place.  Can’t you just lock the door? 
    No - the door, stupidly, requires keys on both sides to lock it.  When I leave for work, the missus is still in bed, so I don't want to lock it from the outside when I leave as that's a danger to her.

FUCK the delivery driver.  On what planet does ANY courier think that opening the door to a private home and stepping inside is acceptable, ?  My wife could be naked in the hallway, I could have a lunatic dog that eats people, I could be trying a strangly-wank from the coat rack...   
    Maybe try the strangle wank next time you’re expecting a delivery, should put him off opening the door for life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Maybe try the strangle wank next time you’re expecting a delivery, should put him off opening the door for life. 
    Do it in such a fashion that your hands aren't free, so when he comes in you can ask him to help out with the tossing. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    I think that was the premise of a film I saw once.
    Stuckfast said:
    I think that was the premise of a film I saw once.
    I think you’ll find it’s not going to be made until next week when Emp’s next delivery is due :)
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited January 2021
    Emp_Fab My wife could be naked I could have a lunatic dog that eats people, I could be trying a strangly-wank from the coat rack...   
    Leave a note up on the door to place the package behind the wheelie bin (or to warn that a strangle wank is in progress)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    Am I being unreasonable ?  My missus thinks I'm getting overly annoyed at this.  Would you be OK with a delivery driver opening your front door to leave a parcel, without knocking, when you're in ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Am I being unreasonable ?  My missus thinks I'm getting overly annoyed at this.  Would you be OK with a delivery driver opening your front door to leave a parcel, without knocking, when you're in ?
    I know you’ve explained about your issues with locking the door but if it’s left unlocked I think it’s fair game for the guy to open it. As I said earlier the courier probably thinks he’s doing you a favour anyway. 

If the alternative is either them not bothering to deliver or dumping the thing on your doorstep, I think I’d rather take them opening the door. You see so many instances of couriers just slinging things over fences, leaving the delivery in full view on the doorstep, dumping parcels in bins or just delivering to random addresses. I think your guy is actually going above and beyond here. 

So yeah, you’re being unreasonable IMO. 
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 905
    edited January 2021
    Emp_Fab said:
    Would you rather he left it on your doorstep and someone nick it?

As the other guy said, he probably thinks he's doing you a favour. If it's that much of an issue leave a note asking them not to do it.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    edited January 2021
    I sold some speakers on eBay and booked Hermes via Interparcel.   Despite being very well packaged, one of the speakers turned up broken... and despite me paying out extra for insurance, Interparcel are making me jump through hoops to stand any chance of getting a pay out...
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5594
    Emp_Fab said:
    I don't think it's on, to be honest, if it was just a porch entrance then fair enough but if it's the main entrance to the house then crossing the threshold is crossing a line.  I think Amazon have occasionally done it at my parent's place.  

Our postie once lobbed a load of small parcels and packages through an open window.  I was most confused when all the tracking Ids came back as being delivered but I didn't have the stuff, only to find it all behind the dining room curtain later that evening!

Back to Hermes though, our local Hermes lady is excellent and apart from one delivery that was damaged before it ever got to her I've never had an issue.  That one was sorted with the seller for a refund.

I've occasionally had problems with DPD taking my stuff to a very unlocal local pickup point but by far the worst are ParcelForce.  They can't even be bothered to find my house and are the only courier who I know I will have to chase over days before I'll get my stuff, or before they'll turn up to collect something they should have picked up three days before.

They're also very difficult to contact under such circumstances and I usually have to resort to Twitter to get any response at all.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    RobDavies said:
    I sold some speakers on eBay and booked Hermes via Interparcel.   Despite being very well packaged, one of the speakers turned up broken... and despite me paying out extra for insurance, Interparcel are making me jump through hoops to stand any chance of getting a pay out...

I use Interparcel all the time. Trust me when I say they are equally as shite as Parcel2Go and any other 'facilitator'.

They take your money, and 99% of the time it all goes swimmingly. The remaining 1%, and you've got a real fight on your hands, because they're operating as an intermediary seller.