SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gretsch Filtertron Bridge Pickup

What's Hot
HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
Has anyone got a Gretsch Filtertron Bridge Pickup they would like to sell??? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• variplexivariplexi Frets: 118
    Have a bridge TV Jones Classic in gold if you like? 
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    This is for our rhythm guitarist. he specifically wants a Filtertron but thank you anyway ;-)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15222
    A Fender Musical Instruments Corporation one or a real one? 

I have neither. I am just trying to understand why anyone would choose a recent Fender group 'Tron over a TVJ. I have a TVJ Classic bridge, in lightly corroded nickel plating, stamped with the patent application number rather than the Jones logo.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    A Fender Musical Instruments Corporation one or a real one? 

I have neither. I am just trying to understand why anyone would choose a recent Fender group 'Tron over a TVJ. I have a TVJ Classic bridge, in lightly corroded nickel plating, stamped with the patent application number rather than the Jones logo.
    Im not sure tbh, its not for me personally 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 877
    As @Funkfingers says, a TV Jones Classic is one of the best (IMHO) Filtertron pickups around. 
    I had the chance to hear one back to back with a regular Filtertron, both housed in identical Gretsch 6120's. The difference was noticeable. The TVJ sounded more open with clearer string to string definition. 
    I've recently bought one to go in a Cabronita build I'm in the middle of.