A relatively recent discovery for me:

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited April 2018
    Philly_Q said:
    Bucket said:
    "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" - a quote from a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet in 1981.

I would do well to remember this every time I come here to post videos of a guitarist I think other people might enjoy.
    @Bucket ;; There have been a few threads about him before and similar comments have been made, so don't think it's all being heaped on you.

For what it's worth I think he looks great, his playing is fucking great (I love the sheer aggression of his style), he sings OK, he seems like a good bloke but I was very disappointed how woefully average - and surprisingly bland - some of the songs on his albums are.
    Oh I'm not playing the "woe is me" card... I hadn't seen the other criticism of him. I'm well aware my music tastes don't line up with that many others here and I don't care that much, but it's a bit dispiriting to find an artist you really enjoy and want to talk about, only to have everyone tell you they think it's shit, while poking fun at said artist's appearance.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    You see, @stonevibe made the effort to actually articulate his thoughts rather than just be a sarcastic prick focusing on his choice of clothes or his guitar faces. That's what really gets my goat.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ive seen some of his videos before. i think he's really good.thanks for posting
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Not my cuppa tbh, but I love watching someone playing rock music without a pick, it gives a whole load of room for expressive playing despite a compressed, high gain sound. 

And nailing a dog ear P90 to a carved top Les Paul is always a win, obviously. 
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom