SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NOW SOLD: G&L Tribute Rampage

horsehorse Frets: 1568
edited October 2013 in Guitars £

Updated 15/09/2013 as I've lowered the action a bit and given the Kahler rollers a bit of a lube! I've recorded a short video to demo tuning stability with trem use and bending. I'll apologise in advance for the sloppy uninspired playing and that you can hear the strings above the amp!

Details & specs here:

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/guitars/Rampage/index.asp

Unusually flat radius for a strat / ebony board, big frets and relatively wide nut width - might suit somebody with larger hands (or somebody who just wants a very black rock guitar!)

Good condition other than ding on the end of headstock (pictured below).

Previously I had issues with bending strings returning flat / needing to dip the trem to return to pitch, which I'd thought was due to the kahler, but tightening the locking nut more on the G/D strings has made a big improvement. The video above gives a fair representation, but like any locking trem system it can take a bit of tweaking.

£250 collected from Nottingham, or can discuss delivery.

Could be interested in trades for high end pacifica or Squier VM Jaguar or Jazzmaster.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    edited September 2013
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the idea of these, but the Kahler makes me apprehensive...

I take it you're not interested in a Squier VM Mustang (Fiesta Red)?
    edited September 2013
    A mustang isn't on my list at the moment thanks.

In all honesty I think the kahler is fine for somebody who is willing to spend a little time getting it right to start with, but probably not for somebody who hasn't got the time. The biggest issue I had with it was definitely because I had been too cautious with the locking nut (particularly the middle one with the difference in size between D and G strings).

If I can't move it on I'll probably get around to fine tuning the action and trem at some point - just not a priority for me right now.

Potentially a bargain for the right person - there's a lot of good things going for it.
    edited September 2013
    Bump
    Bump for update inc video added to first post.
  • How firm are you on price? Im up the road in Sheff.....

@SimpleSimon - 'Firmish' for now on price, but may become less so as the weeks go on!

I think £250 is a reasonable price, and less than I paid. But then again the market is completely shot and I'd like to move it on to make room for something else...

I won't be offended if you want to try PM'ing an offer!
  • Yeah - didnt want to offend hence asking the question, if its still available in a couple of days i'll PM you!