Post casual - but don't look like you're posting casual.

What's Hot
frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
ya know the deal, we've all been there... you're on a mission to the forest moon of Endor but your evil Dad is on that big star destroyer and he posts on thefretboard.co.uk too ... so what do you post to convince him you're not on the shuttle Tydirium carrying technical crew headed for the forest moon..

time is a factor here, guys ;)
A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    walk around saying 'they told me they'd fixed this, its not my fault'.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    nurse,  NURSE.......... he's out of bed again.
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16466

well, I've got the laptop on the arm of the sofa, I'm eating a bacon sarnie, drinking a mug of tea and my right arm is casually draped over the sofa arm.

Oh, and I have my top two buttons undone. And I'm wearing slippers. That's pretty casual.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Party tonight at Yoda's place...
  • Dad destroyed Alderaan, LOL. #embarassingfolks
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7491
    frankus said:
    ya know the deal, we've all been there... you're on a mission to the forest moon of Endor but your evil Dad is on that big star destroyer and he posts on thefretboard.co.uk too ... so what do you post to convince him you're not on the shuttle Tydirium carrying technical crew headed for the forest moon..

time is a factor here, guys ;)
    Shit. Rumbled!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Why did evil dad nearly let me play hide the sausage with my sister. #incestagameforallthefamily
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8625
    I think I've just been violated by a thread.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7491
    edited August 2013
    Well Bucket.......In the 80s there was a film called Star Wars. At the time it was a sci fi. The main bad guy turns out to be the main good guys dad (but you dont find this out at first). The main good guy is also the main good girls brother but they dont know that and nearly shag but then they don't because of India Jones. Frankus is imagining a humerous situation where he puts himself in the main good guys place but with a light hearted, typical family feel.

Also there were ewoks.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30129
    I'm surprised Luke wasn't more mortified that his dad thought he looked ok in that outfit.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited August 2013
    Well Bucket.......In the 80s there was a film called Star Wars. At the time it was a sci fi. The main bad guy turns out to be the main good guys dad (but you dont find this out at first). The main good guy is also the main good girls brother but they dont know that and nearly shag but then they don't because of India Jones. Frankus is imagining a humerous situation where he puts himself in the main good guys place but with a light hearted, typical family feel.

Also there were ewoks.

^ WARNING - CONTAINS SPOILERS ^

Also, the main good guy is so devastated that he had been knocking one out over his sister (this bit is only in the Super Duper Special Director's Approved Cut) that he never really works again.  The twist is further confused by the fact his father is in fact a bald white guy voiced by a plump black guy who is ordered around by an obviously creepy paedo-esque old guy who no-one seems to suspect - no wonder this kid was messed up.  The effect of his deep personal issues are further portrayed to the viewer as we realise the only person he managed to bond with is a the ghost of a dead 70 year old Derren Brown type hermit who turned up out of the blue to save him from some extra terrestrial hoodies.  The good guy's bad dad kind of repents his sins on his death bed in the obvious fear that the baby Jesus is going to kick his dead ass.  It then ends in a big fight with guns that actually fire shaving foam and we realise that no-one is really dead and they all sing this song -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCpoX-SRnU

I think the film's main moral message is an anti-Jeremy Kyle example about not getting involved in others affairs.  It's quite apparent to the viewer that virtually everyone would have been aware that the main good guy's dad was an intergalactic Himmler and that somewhere he had a long lost sister but they don't get involved and let the family resolve the issues on their own - which is admirable.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.