8 year old playing gothrie govan's fives.

What's Hot
racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
i'm just off to burn my guitar now,she is fantastic  

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 852
    But can she play da bluez?
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Whereas my 8 yr old daughter is having trouble learning the intro to 'Ain't Talking Bout Love'.

I suspect she lacks focus..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • oddballoddball Frets: 248
    My 18 month old boy hit my acoustic with a trowel this morning - genius in the making
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Sweet :)
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1144
    I liked her version of Scarified better...

I don't dare to watch this….still struggling with skipped arpeggios in Scarified, I am quitting if this girl can do it :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    As much as i wanted to be a grumpy old man about this (ok jealous old man), when i watched this first time around you can see in her face that's she's having a fun time. And to be honest, that's all that matters.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I love the way she plays with her head peering over the the top of the guitar body - it's so cute...  :D
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Wow.  I usually absolutely hate this sort of thing but as said above, how much fun does she look like she's having.  

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Meh, I've a 4 year old who can play sevens... but who's counting ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1763
    edited April 2014
    She's got such an economical technique. Her vibrato sounds really controlled too and you can barely see her finger wiggling. Not my cup of tea but fun and impressive.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    She is awesome. Ibanez signature on its way I suspect.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    Not remotely my kind of music, but stunningly good.  Love the way she's obviously enjoying it as well and her demeanour is absolutely charming.  Hope she can fulfil her potential as an adult - there are a lot of stories of childhood prodigies who either fail to develop and/or don't adjust well to adult life.  You immediately think, if she's that good at eight she's going to be a great artist when she grows up but unfortunately it's often not that simple.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    If you read up on child prodigies - you'll see they've put in the hours early is all.

3 hours a day max is the commonly agreed max training per day. and 10,000 hours to make a master.. Mozart did it in less but then his Dad wrote the book on teaching kids music ;)

If you read Bounce he identifies the risks that "child prodigies" encounter... for instance Mozart was surprising for his age but his music only really took off in his later compositions.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567

Forgive me, for I didn't know what Scarified was.

So you might be able imagine I was a little more than surprised to hear the sounds coming from my headphones.

Absolutely Fabulous.  :0)

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Meh, messy.
    :((
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    edited April 2014
    Never bought the 10,000 hours thing.  Some people just have freakish levels of talent, Mozart being one.  The hard work certainly helped and maybe he'd have been a nobody without the hot-housing from his dad, but the idea that just about anybody has the potential to be a Mozart if they get the training and put in the work never seemed remotely plausible to me.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    Never bought the 10,000 hours thing.  Some people just have freakish levels of talent, Mozart being one.  The hard work certainly helped and maybe he'd have been a nobody without the hot-housing from his dad, but the idea that just about anybody has the potential to be a Mozart if they get the training and put in the work never seemed remotely plausible to me.
    That's interesting, what makes it implausible?
    +1

My friend played Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca behind his back on an acoustic guitar with the highest imaginable action at the age of 12...He certainly didn't practice for 10,000 hours, just incredible talent and ability. Some achieve things easier than others...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    frankus said:
    That's interesting, what makes it implausible?
    I know people who have studied hard at guitar and who are good but no more - and I'm talking serious study and proper teachers. And yet a friend of mine has a son who is set to be the next Steve Vai and he's basically self taught and certainly hasn't done the 10,000 hours of study which sounds a bit Daily Mail to me. He just has something - call it talent, skill .....

Here he is doing a product demo:

He's currently the lead guitarist in Code of silence.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!