WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Maybe, with a little luck we will get to see England A vs Belgium A in the final :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    after the two games today I can't see Belgium giving France to hard a time of it. Don't want to admit it but France look the best option left in the tournament 

regarding Belgium then one own goal and one great strike but otherwise very little else going forward and created little from midfield. Keeper man of the match IMO by a big margin 
    ...and Brazil were denied a penalty. Belgium had a bit of luck today, they also looked a bit ragged toward the end. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2671
    Just like the martinez interview after the England game...it would be nice if we meet in the final. .. Well I think that will be the the final ..Belgium v England 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    after the two games today I can't see Belgium giving France to hard a time of it. Don't want to admit it but France look the best option left in the tournament 

regarding Belgium then one own goal and one great strike but otherwise very little else going forward and created little from midfield. Keeper man of the match IMO by a big margin 
    ...and Brazil were denied a penalty. Belgium had a bit of luck today, they also looked a bit ragged toward the end. 
    Shearer said that they didn't get the penalty cos of Neymar's earlier diving antics, serves the cheating little twat right. 

Personally I don't see how it should be a penalty when the ball was clearly going out anyway? Not that I am fully conversant with the rules.

axisus said:

Shearer said that they didn't get the penalty cos of Neymar's earlier diving antics, serves the cheating little twat right. 

Personally I don't see how it should be a penalty when the ball was clearly going out anyway? Not that I am fully conversant with the rules.

I’m not 100% clear. Just read a bunch of online explanations from which I gathered that the journalists from The Sun, The Mirror, etc, are no clearer than I am. I had thought Kompany went in studs up but looking at the pictures he didn’t and that ball was going out. 
    Obviously I’m waiting now to hear what Maradona has to say on the subject for the definitive version. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 774
    axisus said:

I’m not 100% clear. Just read a bunch of online explanations from which I gathered that the journalists from The Sun, The Mirror, etc, are no clearer than I am. I had thought Kompany went in studs up but looking at the pictures he didn’t and that ball was going out. 
    Obviously I’m waiting now to hear what Maradona has to say on the subject for the definitive version. 
    I think Maradona has been silenced now after FIFA threatened to withdraw his 10k a game appearance fee.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14198
    England are evens to win the game on Betfair with Sweden at 4/1. I'm nervous about England. If it wasn't for that penalty against Columbia did we really have many shots on goal?

This is the best England team I have seen in 20 years we can build up the attacks nicely from defence through midfield but we just need that ruthless one touch flair and magic in the closing attack and shots on target.

Fingers crossed. 

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2671
    axisus said:

Exactly This!! Why can't 4 well paid "experts" even see this. He would never have got to that ball therefore it was not within his control. Come on its bloody obvious isn't it!?!?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716
    axisus said:

Exactly This!! Why can't 4 well paid "experts" even see this. He would never have got to that ball therefore it was not within his control. Come on its bloody obvious isn't it!?!?
    I don't think the laws of the game explicitly refer to a player having control or not.  I'm not a referee though, so I don't know the correct interpretation.

The idea of VAR is that it's for overruling howlers, not ones that could be argued either way.  Having said that, it did look like a penalty to me, but given that it's Neymar, justice was probably done.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2049
    England are evens to win the game on Betfair with Sweden at 4/1. I'm nervous about England. If it wasn't for that penalty against Columbia did we really have many shots on goal?

This is the best England team I have seen in 20 years we can build up the attacks nicely from defence through midfield but we just need that ruthless one touch flair and magic in the closing attack and shots on target.

Fingers crossed. 
    I rewatched the mini highlights last night and there were a few decent chances in the first half that I'd forgotten about. Made me feel better about England going into today's match. Luck does come into it, obviously there weren't any that actually went in apart from the penalty, but they certainly are capable of creating chances. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    I wouldn't like to guess at England's chances today, but they have made a few chances and played some fairly entertaining football, even for a neutral. 

Not really scintillating stuff, but a lot more than the last couple of decades of boring the opposition into submission. 
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    "The gods may throw the dice
    Their minds as cold as ice
    And someone way down here
    Loses 10-0 dear..."

Come on Sweden!

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334

I do think that's an obvious point most seem to be missing, there was no creativity, lots of the ball against Colombia but really didn't do much with it. It could have been so very different in that game, I'm not sure the team have shown anything yet that suggests they can beat a good team.
  • England 2 Sweden 1

Russia 1 Croatia 3

We then go on to crush Croatia in the semi's 14 - 6

And batter Hazard...whoops..I mean Belgium, 4 nowt in the Final.

Some people are on the piss, they think it's all over..it is now. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5902
    Sterling is a fucking liability!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Good to be winning although England could be more together. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

Sterling is a fucking liability!
    No he’s not.  He’s a forwad getting in to good positions.  He has pace and causes a threat.

But he’s bottling it at the last minute.  He’s thinking when he should be instinctive.  

So he’s definitely more if a bottler than a liability.
    I want to see Rashford 2nd half (well after 60 min so Sterling doesn’t get too affected be being substituted).

We need to score again, need to take more risks as Sweden are there for the taking. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    the fucking smugness of the Commentary team though is arse cheek clenching...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>