The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Seen quite a few reports of dodgy switches and knobs on the Kemper Stage... anyone know how widespread this really is? Giving me pause for thought.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    Seen quite a few reports of dodgy switches and knobs on the Kemper Stage... anyone know how widespread this really is? Giving me pause for thought.
    It is almost like putting loads of flimsy knobs on a device you operate with your feet is a bad idea...
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5822
    octatonic said:
    Seen quite a few reports of dodgy switches and knobs on the Kemper Stage... anyone know how widespread this really is? Giving me pause for thought.
    It is almost like putting loads of flimsy knobs on a device you operate with your feet is a bad idea...
    I'm selling Kemper slippers @ £199 a pair if anybody is interested.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2510
    Freebird said:
    octatonic said:
    I'm selling Kemper slippers @ £199 a pair if anybody is interested.
    Don't forget the official Kemper Slippers Bag to store them in.
  • octatonic said:
    Impression I'm getting is that these have arrived from the factory like that. So very little stompage going on, just bad build quality... apparently anyway.

Bye!

Update on the editor:

"Hi folks,

as promised, here's the next update for you. Yes, as it turns out, we're still working on things. It's a bit two steps forward and one step backward right now. The editor itself is fine now and we're tying up loose ends on the librarian/communication/Profiler part. We do those things to make the overall experience better and the combo more reliable. I'm glad that we have found the time to work on those important details now.

We will do everything to roll out the first beta quick but stability is first for us. Chances are that we will not see a release this month, but we're getting very close."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kemper can profile dual amp rigs with 6 microphones. I want one.

Bye!

edited October 2019
    The new OS updates are pissing me right off. I’ve had no end of issues just trying to use Rig Manager with it. For example -

- when you copy and paste a performance, you can’t rename it without moving away and coming back

- two instances of creating performances in new skits, only to have them then be duplicated when turning the Kemper backs on (so instead of two performances as saved, it’s two performances of the same thing suddenly)

- selecting performance slots in other performances selects the slot you’re currently in the performance of 

Very very frustrating - especially as I have to re-do everything yet again!

EDIT - I left the Kemper alone for 5 minutes - came back, and the performance slot had changed back to what I'd originally saved it as....! It showed both slots originally as the same names, same profiles etc. (slots 18 & 19). Went away, came back, and slot 19 had changed to the original saved performance from last night.... very very weird.
    Seems that loads of people have issues with the new OS versions. IMO it's been a bit of a shit-show since they introduced the new way to manage FX slots. Never had any issues before then.

Sorely tempted to revert back to OS 6...!
  • What's the new way to manage FX slots?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    What's the new way to manage FX slots?
    Can't remember what it's called - it's the new method of browsing presets etc. Think it was introduced in OS7...?
    edited October 2019
    FarleyUK said:
    Seems that loads of people have issues with the new OS versions. IMO it's been a bit of a shit-show since they introduced the new way to manage FX slots. Never had any issues before then.

Sorely tempted to revert back to OS 6...!
    I think it's the reason why we don't have the editor yet, as there seems to be a few structural issues with the OS7 firmware.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Interesting post by Kemper!

"

kemperprofiler

Uh huh! There‘ll be a video a-coming ... • @tonejunkietv What we are working on for next week!"

Better delays...?
  • or a bunch of presets. Doesn't strike me that they'd add more delays into the unit giving their approach. Maybe more parameters? I dunno.

Bye!

FarleyUK said:
    Better delays...?
    I thought the editor excuse was the best one yet  ;)
  • Profiled two amps at once tonight, again. This time a DIRECT profile of both amps at once, running high gain channels. Then profiled them with cabs... then copied cabs from studio profiles to the direct profiles to create merged versions.

Sounds epic.

Bye!

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited November 2019
    Hey guys. Been using the ODS M Britt profile for some dumble tones. Sounds alright. Anyone got any other dumble profile suggestions?

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited November 2019
    AndyJP said:
    Hey guys. Been using the ODS M Britt profile for some dumble tones. Sounds alright. Anyone got any other dumble profile suggestions?

Here's a clip of me playing through the Britt profile.

I really like tonejunkie's bloom profiles: https://tonejunkiestore.com/profile-packs/too-stone-bloom-kemper-profile-pack
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    Thx for the tip.  Have you used it with humbuckers?