Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson 2019 line up full details.. (ohh and a new case design)

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    I don't understand why the LP Studio has binding & trap inlays? The whole "studio" thing was meant to be that it didn't look flash, but had all the components to make it sound like a Standard, you know, in the studio...??
    Probably to streamline production by using the same neck for all the versions.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited September 2018
    ICBM said:
    I don't understand why the LP Studio has binding & trap inlays? The whole "studio" thing was meant to be that it didn't look flash, but had all the components to make it sound like a Standard, you know, in the studio...??
    Probably to streamline production by using the same neck for all the versions.
    That being the ubiquitous slim taper neck that’s an euphemism for marmite.
  • The Junior dc looks great. Brilliant price too
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 543
    Everyone who got an R8 for £2500 made the right decision. Those Les Paul prices are way too much.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    Simon_M said:
    Everyone who got an R8 for £2500 made the right decision. Those Les Paul prices are way too much.
    ☝️
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Agreed .. Andertons have a black and chrome Studio for sale at £1,399 .... I bought a similar guitar new (with a proper ebony board) for £650 new .. :-)

New prices are crazy .. the value of the pound probably doesn't help.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • The Tributes are now £300-400 more than 2016/17...