Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3899
    First night of a one off week of nights out the way. Roll on Friday. TFI Friday is back on the box, can't wait!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've been sat looking at French doors in my living room that don't run parallel to one another (and certainly don't meet nicely in the middle) for months. The solution was to remove the entire door jamb and architrave, fit the doors to it then reinstall the whole shooting match, ignoring the walls in the process. The architrave juts out in places but nothing a bit of caulking won't hide. My doors look bleeding great now. Can't work out whether I'm an engineering genius or the gashest mother****** going.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Deadman said:
    Can't work out whether I'm an engineering genius or the gashest mother****** going.

Or a combination of both.........

(Probably the genius though)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha, cheers Mike.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Genigash?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Went for a run after work.

Now I feel awesome!

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Wahey, Brilliant @D8m! Glad to hear you like it ;) How far may I ask? Do you have a target?
    If you don't, I found it helpful to motivate myself :) I tried for about 6 months to get my Hilly 7.5miles down to under an hour. Felt bloody fantastic when I did it!
    Then I did a half marathon for charity and rasied a shitload of cash for mind, the mental health charity and that was the best ending ever to something I started when I was really really depressed. By the end, it was almost euphoric.

Running is great :D
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    edited June 2015
    Hertz32 said:
    Wahey, Brilliant @D8m! Glad to hear you like it ;) How far may I ask? Do you have a target?
    If you don't, I found it helpful to motivate myself :) I tried for about 6 months to get my Hilly 7.5miles down to under an hour. Felt bloody fantastic when I did it!
    Then I did a half marathon for charity and rasied a shitload of cash for mind, the mental health charity and that was the best ending ever to something I started when I was really really depressed. By the end, it was almost euphoric.

Running is great :D
    Just under 6km so nothing to big.

I used to run a fair bit but stopped and never got back into it.

No target really I do a weekly park run 5km that I would like to get under 25mins (initially) and I'm doing a 5km paint run with some guys from work in a couple of weeks.

I've set up my Nike+ and my goal is to get as many km's in as I can!

New PB on 5km this morning and a nice day at the beach with Miss d8m.

Sometimes its the simple things that count :)

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    Got caught by a traffic warden....

... Who let me off
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Making progress at longboarding, managed to get the back end to break loose to do a heelside speed check. 
    I didn't do this either ;) 

'Awibble'
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Get my car tomorrow, get off the road folks the speshul one will be driving again soon
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Just had my results through for the first year of my degree... passed everything, which is the main thing that matters for first year.

The thing I'm happiest with is music theory though - a couple of years ago I was really, really shaky on it and didn't do very well in music A level because of it. What did I get in my end-of-first-year theory exam then? 

98%.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Bucket said:
    Just had my results through for the first year of my degree... passed everything, which is the main thing that matters for first year.

The thing I'm happiest with is music theory though - a couple of years ago I was really, really shaky on it and didn't do very well in music A level because of it. What did I get in my end-of-first-year theory exam then? 

98%.
    Room for improvement then.....Haha well done.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

Just had the most FANTASTIC day in london. Today is Go Skate Day so the London Longboard crew organised a load of sponsors and competitions. I didnt win any of them but by god was it fun. Made a load of new mates and it was brilliant having a train of 15 skaters blasting down the road together.
    Then we saw the Greenwich crew in the park there. Holy shit it was rammed! Must have been 80 skaters on that hill, some of them with some serious skills.
    I'll share the video when it's released
    'Awibble'
    Getting stuff for fathers day for the first time in years, from the step daughters, made me go all warm and gooey
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I've just got back from Hellfest in France, what an amazing weekend.

Being back in the real world sucks tbh. It's nice to have you lovely folks back though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."

As you lot know, I've been unable to abuse my neighbours with guitar playing for the last few weeks, due to surgery.

I managed about 45 mins of guitaring this evening. And tinkering with some nice pedals......

\m/

Although the neighbours are ~X(

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    mike_l;686369" said:
    As you lot know, I've been unable to abuse myself for the last few weeks, due to surgery. I managed about 45 mins of knuckle shuffling this evening. And fingering my bum ...... \m/ Although the neighbours are ~X(  
    FTFY.
    ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    mike_l;686369" said:
    As you lot know, I've been unable to abuse myself for the last few weeks, due to surgery. I managed about 45 mins of knuckle shuffling this evening. And fingering my bum ...... \m/ Although the neighbours are ~X(  
    FTFY.
    ;)

I don't do the bum fingering or knuckle shuffling when I have a guitar in my hands.

And I'm too lazy for more often than birthday and Christmas.