You know when you are getting old....

What's Hot
xRandomregxRandomreg Frets: 231
edited August 2018 in Off Topic
Just nipped out to pick my daughter up from the station and put some solid Rock on the car stereo - looked down at the time and saw it was 7:04 - Well I think better flip on to the radio to catch the latest from the Archers ---- WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3756
    No matter how old I get I will never listen the the Archers.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2671
    ^^^ this  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    I listen to a lot of R4, but you will find me scrambling across room to turn off the Archers.  Utter fucking drivel.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    I've never owned a telly since I was 18 and left home and there wasn't any interweb.
    I've listened to The Archers all my adult life. 
    It is utter drivel though. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    My surname is Archer. You can imagine the joy of having a name like that at school.

I haven’t listened to the program since the days of Walter Gabriel, probably sometime in the 1960s. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    My mum used to listen to it. I could never understand why. I think the theme music could still give me nightmares.

At least I first heard Bowie on the same radio...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12857
    I listen sometimes if I'm driving round with work so I don't miss the start of the afternoon play. It's slightly hypnotic!  Always the same though (archers not the plays!) 
  • xRandomregxRandomreg Frets: 231
    I also spend every morning driving to work listening to radio 4 E which has HAncocks HAlf Hour and round the horn - made before I was born, but better than the complete and utter horseshit we get on TV and Radio today - I was obviously born about 40 years too late

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @munckee - I like the plays although I get a lot of them in the middle of the night on R4E - the best thing on DAB
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3756
    Woman's hour, for half the fucking morning, every morning. What about mens hour?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Haha - I know - we are obviously supposed to be working while the women are at home ironing and listening to advice on the radio on how to steam dumplings properly LoL
  • westwest Frets: 1012
    my mate Alex was in the archers playing some kind of criminal plumber ... still didnt listen .....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I listened to the Archers once, what a load of rubbish. They didn't even mention Robin Hood once.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I hate archers, The Archers and Jeffrey Archer - you're all deceitful cowards. I've just realised that only applies to archers and Jeffrey Archer, and not The Archers which to be fair are a mixed bag.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12857
    Randomreg said:
    @munckee - I like the plays although I get a lot of them in the middle of the night on R4E - the best thing on DAB
    I've never heard of R4E but I don't generally listen to the radio except when driving.  Will look out for it.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4851
    Well I listen to planet rock in the car which in my kids eyes makes me really old.
  • when I stopped listening to new music and only have oldies stations on the radio
    @munckee - It's Radio 4 Extra - has loads of old comedy and drama that was originally on Radio 4 - some is over 50 years old some is only a week old - just filters out all the wankers on the radio who have an opinion that I don't want to hear.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    I was flicking stations in the car once and paused at the Archers wondering what it was actually like. As far as I am concerned it was the dullest drivel ever to be put out under the guise of entertainment. Some guy with a bumpkin voice was looking for his sheep in a field and some woman turned up in a Land rover. I survived about a minute.

How dull must your life be to be entertained by the Archers???
    3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    Lets close this off now please - was just supposed to be a bit of a laugh not an opportunity to be rude

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.