Pedalboard Hum Woes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716
    Slimbert said:

I've got three fully isolated supplies under my board and I've never once regretted it. They're worth every penny!

I'm running 11 pedals (including 2 big Strymons and a POG 2) off of one Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe.  What kind of board do you have to need 3 supplies?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For what it's worth I used to run 10 pedals including a DD-7, plus maybe 4 other Boss pedals, off a single 1-Spot in a daisy chain.  No Strymons, etc, old school basics.

No noise.

Sounds like the problem is *that* DD-7.  Can you borrow another one to try?
  • crunchman said:
    Slimbert said:

I've got three fully isolated supplies under my board and I've never once regretted it. They're worth every penny!

I'm running 11 pedals (including 2 big Strymons and a POG 2) off of one Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe.  What kind of board do you have to need 3 supplies?

I have several boards but my largest is a Pedaltrain Terra 42. When fully loaded it holds a lot more than 11 pedals.

I think the last time I loaded it up it had 18 pedals on it although one was a passive footswitch which takes a battery to power the LED.

I prefer not to rely on just a single power supply. If a power supply blows up/melts mid gig I can still have 10+ pedals on the go and not suffer too much. If I have everything running from one power supply and that goes to shit mid set...I'd look a right dickhead.

I think it's foolish not to have a contingency plan if you're playing to paying customers. I'd feel terrible if I sold them short.