R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 543
    Says its a 2018 model in the description on the site.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5124
    edited September 2018
    Is this the same model?

Looks like GAK getting some but more expensive 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-custom-historic-1958-les-paul-standard-vos-vintage-cherry-sunburst/920485
    This is interesting, vintage cherry sb is a lovely colour.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3499
    edited September 2018
    terada said:
    Is this the same model?

Looks like GAK getting some but more expensive 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-custom-historic-1958-les-paul-standard-vos-vintage-cherry-sunburst/920485
    This is interesting, vintage cherry sb is a lovely colour.
    I agree, though that's a stock photo, would love to see a proper one.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • SteveF said:
    Says its a 2018 model in the description on the site.  
    Yes it does

Vintage Cherry sunburst which is also different to the washed cherry. Confusing listing 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1429
    So is that the end of the R8 deal or are there more to come...?
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    hyperben said:
    Some guys at Epsom GG told me, this morning, they have some more washed cherry on the way BUT they're pretty much accounted for with back orders etc... 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2570
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    Some guys at Epsom GG told me, this morning, they have some more washed cherry on the way BUT they're pretty much accounted for with back orders etc... 
    So where did all the talk of Peach & Coda getting a fresh delivery at the tail end of last week come from?
  • StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    So where did all the talk of Peach & Coda getting a fresh delivery at the tail end of last week come from?
    Ours will just be replacements for the ones that we backed due to faults and marks etc 
  • StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    Ours will just be replacements for the ones that we backed due to faults and marks etc 
    So already sold?
  • StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    So already sold?
    No. It’s all a bit up in the air as to whether we’ll get credits or replacement guitars for the ones that arrived faulty. That’s why we haven’t started taking orders and promising customers when we might not be able to be deliver. I will know this week though 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited September 2018
    StefB said:
    AndyR said:
    hyperben said:
    So already sold?
    No. It’s all a bit up in the air as to whether we’ll get credits or replacement guitars for the ones that arrived faulty. That’s why we haven’t started taking orders and promising customers when we might not be able to be deliver. I will know this week though 
    Thank you for the response. I’m keen on an Ice tea or filthy lemon  should any become available 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    So, two things.

Firstly, is there really nobody who got carried away and bought one, only to have a change of heart and decide to return it?

And secondly, is anyone else feeling a little bit sad about taking the Gibson Custom sticker off the pickguard??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    Hattigol said:

And secondly, is anyone else feeling a little bit sad about taking the Gibson Custom sticker off the pickguard??
    I think you'll be on your own with that one. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8295
    edited September 2018
    Brize said:
    Hattigol said:

I think you'll be on your own with that one. 
    I think you're probably right! :-)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

Firstly, is there really nobody who got carried away and bought one, only to have a change of heart and decide to return it?

Mine's still on there and will likely stay for a while. Fuck it, nobody else is seeing it. Not like I'll ever gig it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

Mine's still on there and will likely stay for a while. Fuck it, nobody else is seeing it. Not like I'll ever gig it.
    Why wouldn’t you gig it mate?
  • pmg said:
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

Ha, only because I don't have a band, fella. I'll probably take it for a jam with my mate one day, with any luck :-)

• robertyroberty Frets: 10930
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

When it comes off, that's when it genuinely belongs to you, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pmg said:
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

Ha, only because I don't have a band, fella. I'll probably take it for a jam with my mate one day, with any luck :-)
    Or a fretboard jam? I'm taking mine to the Leicester and Huddersfield hams, where I fully expect @pmbomb to need Kleenex once he's had a go

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    The ‘sticker’ isn’t sticky, it can be peeled off and reattached as you wish. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom