Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

• Boromedic said:
    There's some woeful posts in here whereby I'm struggling with the logic of them, but the usual caveat applies, opinions are like arseholes.....

adampeter said:
    Looking back over some of these comments is shocking, i'm amazed that some people just don't get it.
    How anyone could try and justify abusing another forum member regardless if they're selling their business or not is amazing.

I'm not sure why this had to be publically declared, on his behalf, on open forum though, it adds no value whatsoever. It wasn't an Admin action or intervention so shouldn't have been posted on that thread.

I just don't understand why some people think that any abuse is acceptable, or excusable.

I'm going to assume that I'm an indirect inclusion in these posts along with the other people who aren't queuing up to join your rabid lynch mob. If you go over and read the posts again I think you will find that no one is justifying or condoning and giving abuse to retailers. This whole thread had a huge "with us or against us" mob mentality but I reckon there's a bunch of people who actually just don't really care about the whole thing that much.
    Bit presumptuous and big headed to assume anyone meant you isn't it? I don't even remember what you put in your previous posts so in your own words, I don't actually care as it didn't register. If anyone is raising a "rabid lynch mob" it certainly wasn't me, I was just peed off that we've lost another business due to idiots behaviour, hence the OP. I also believe we shouldn't tolerate someone doing that as part of the forum, so they should be banned. No need for pitchforks, just ban them,

Then I was really surprised at all the negativity and crass comments aimed at Peach themselves, (although I shouldn't be, we do quite well on here at that peculiarly British, disdainful destruction of a person or character), carry on as you were but no I didn't actually mean you at all. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Chalky said:
    You make umpteen comments per day on here @Heartfeltdawn so don't go all thin-skinned on us now. It is unbecoming to a man of your stature Surely this thread shows us that taking ourselves too seriously is the problem?

Being thin-skinned would be stating an opinion, having someone disagree, and then choosing to respond with absurdities as the chap above has done. It's something I expect from the gentleman in question and his consistency is applauded. 

For accuracy, my history on this forum is split into two bits. When I'm cheffing, posting goes right down. It's rather hard posting during the busy days. 'Umpteen comments per day' has been the way since December last year as it's been a valuable reminder of sensible life after I voluntarily became a full-time career to two kids, one of whom is autistic, thanks to serious life-threatening illness to my partner's parents. Waffling about politicks (sic) helps to offload Roblox and Fortnite out of my head. Now they are better and the summer holidays have ended, my situation is about to change again, and you won't have to read things from me. I shall miss our debates because you bring a different perspective to the table. 

Now on the matter in question, I remain of the same opinion as before. Comparing what happened to a forum scammer to Peach is not correct and the gentleman doing so made some false statements. 
    If "my enemy's enemy is my friend", then I am indeed your friend in our endeavour against autism.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    edited October 2018
    I think there’s a big difference between constructive criticism and outright bashing. Most people can tell the difference too.

One active FB community I’m in has a no trash talk policy, but it doesn’t censor people who say they don’t like things as long as it’s worded constructively 
    Assuming it's where Im thinking of the value proposition is different. That place gives a huge amount of actual high quality content away as well as includes in their subscription plans and also regularly gives actual tangible services away for free and encourages the member base to do likewise.

By contrast the although there is a lot of content here it is much lower in specific value terms where here the value proposition is more about having an open forum for discussion.

Seriously not to devalue some of the great bits of this forum (ICBM alone for example) but really the content quality is in another league.

TBH the banter was the best thing about this community and its slowly but surely being stamped out. 
    Yes agreed re: value proposition.

But this is also what I’m getting at with the forum being in no mans land position. And also questioning what specifically we are offering a business.

Is it a place for uncensored banter? Not quite, but it is a lot more free than most other forums.

Is it a place set up to entice larger businesses/sponsors? It would seem not quite either, at least in terms of getting them to stay.

So we have some amount of reasonable free speech but to the point where multiple times in a row we have caused businesses to leave, and at least from my understanding this has been the end result of arguably unreasonable and unnecessary actions.

This thing with Peach is different in that the ‘last straw’ was not a post in the forum and was a real life action, but my understanding was Andertons at least was forum post based.

I didn’t see a reply to my post about could anything have been done to keep the businesses on board after each incident... if the answer is nothing, then either a) free speech and business involvement are mutually exclusive goals, [with the acknowledgement that the actions were still unreasonable]  or b) this format doesn’t offer enough benefit to [larger] businesses unless it is completely trouble free.

So really in that case it’s trying to fit a square into a circle regardless.

Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t have the full details of the incidents or know anything about the proposed plans.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    If "my enemy's enemy is my friend", then I am indeed your friend in our endeavour against autism.
    @Chalky I don't consider people enemies and certainly wouldn't consider you as one based on some political debates. Posts you've written on autism in the past stuck in the mind when I entered the fray here in London and so you have my respect for doing what you do in that field. SEN provision was one of my areas at university and marrying up the theoretical knowledge from back then with actually being on the frontline has been very illuminating. Ruddy hard work though!  

• Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:
    There's some woeful posts in here whereby I'm struggling with the logic of them, but the usual caveat applies, opinions are like arseholes.....

adampeter said:
    Looking back over some of these comments is shocking, i'm amazed that some people just don't get it.
    How anyone could try and justify abusing another forum member regardless if they're selling their business or not is amazing.

I'm not sure why this had to be publically declared, on his behalf, on open forum though, it adds no value whatsoever. It wasn't an Admin action or intervention so shouldn't have been posted on that thread.

I just don't understand why some people think that any abuse is acceptable, or excusable.

I'm going to assume that I'm an indirect inclusion in these posts along with the other people who aren't queuing up to join your rabid lynch mob. If you go over and read the posts again I think you will find that no one is justifying or condoning and giving abuse to retailers. This whole thread had a huge "with us or against us" mob mentality but I reckon there's a bunch of people who actually just don't really care about the whole thing that much.
    Bit presumptuous and big headed to assume anyone meant you isn't it? I don't even remember what you put in your previous posts so in your own words, I don't actually care as it didn't register. If anyone is raising a "rabid lynch mob" it certainly wasn't me, I was just peed off that we've lost another business due to idiots behaviour, hence the OP. I also believe we shouldn't tolerate someone doing that as part of the forum, so they should be banned. No need for pitchforks, just ban them,

Then I was really surprised at all the negativity and crass comments aimed at Peach themselves, (although I shouldn't be, we do quite well on here at that peculiarly British, disdainful destruction of a person or character), carry on as you were but no I didn't actually mean you at all. 

So what did you find woeful? I don't think anyone in this thread has justified or made excuses for the action that happened.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I love my R8 thanks Peach 

Moral of the story you snooze you lose ! 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8625

It's just a shame that's all. Only days ago I was in contact with a member who left the forum a few months ago due to the negativity (and is very much missed) and I was saying that it's the most positive I've seen it for a while, just a load of geeks measuring the gap between their neck pickup and neck on their Les Pauls as it should be! It only takes one or two to change the flavour.

But, I think what this forum could be - as well as the British retailers, we could have regular posts from Pete Thorn, John Suhr, Doug and Pat, Brian Wampler to mix in with the "common-folk" - all have signed up and then scarpered.

Neville Martin, who let's face it has added more value to the UK Guitar Industry than all of us arm-chair guitar critics put together, signed up a few days ago for a sincere post and gets 4 LOL's. See ya Neville!

Don't want it to be over regulated but why can't people have some bloomin' respect for others, be that retailers, industry types, or bedroom players.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    edited October 2018
    Wish I knew why, but I have no idea. I also like what you said about the R8 thread, it was a geeky love in and awesome, except for the odd negative comment which was ignored. However when you read through this thread, you realise that comments saying, (paraphrasing here) "Peach got a number of sales from here on the recent R8 thread, so therefore basically anyone can treat them like shit and they should just brush it off, cos like he raked in the cash you know".

Those comments received more wiz's then any other, that shows the underlying mentality of a chunk of the forum. As was wisely pointed out, Peach probably didn't receive much out of them sales given that the taxman got more. I'm also not sure if they lack reading comprehension, although this incident was the one that led to Peach going, it was the last straw in a number of incidents. Having said that, this isn't a new phenomenon it's the same negative rubbish I've heard for years justifying asshole behaviours.

People have also highlighted the Hudson thread, whereby Jon stated if you have any questions or need updates please call or email the store. I never even had one on order yet knew that if I wanted info I should contact the shop. Yet some peoples expectations and level of entitlement led them to chasing Peach on here even after he'd said contact the store in the first instance. Hudson caused the delays, we see the criticisms of Anderton's and others with pre orders where the manufacturer fails to deliver on their lead times, but somehow it's the stores fault. Impatience and expectation really are the order of the day, people are becoming Violet Beauregard, it's insane!! I'm all for discussing opinions but you've got to have a decent basis to start from.

Anyway no doubt I'll get a load of passive aggressive lol's from all the doyle's on the forum now. Cool, lol away you cretins, hope it keeps you warm whilst you're stroking one out on the shitter this morning, cos the only love in your life comes from Palmela and her 5 sisters. 

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5222
    WezV said:
    WezV said:
    WYNIR0 said:
    My attempt at sarcasm may have been dulled by beer and parental exhaustion.

I got that yours was meant in humour, but it follows on from other posts which seem to want to blame outside influences.

Sadly, I reckon this one it all on "us".
    @fretfinder the rest of it..    with slightly drunk typos
    Huh? Did you mean @Fretwired ?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Don't know about anything else, but I'm just glad to be labelled a cunt even though I've done nothing wrong.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10930
    Dopesick said:
    Don't know about anything else, but I'm just glad to be labelled a cunt even though I've done nothing wrong.

We literally mean you :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:

Neville Martin, who let's face it has added more value to the UK Guitar Industry than all of us arm-chair guitar critics put together, signed up a few days ago for a sincere post and gets 4 LOL's. See ya Neville!

Which thread was that?
    edited October 2018
    Dopesick said:

To quote a famous film.... "did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away?"

The tag C U Next Tuesday was aimed at those responsible for Peach leaving, not the entire forum. FFS, why are we still going over this. Maybe we need to launch a special "Fretboard" reading group to teach those skills missing from your school education, which can double for a safe space for those who don't like adult language. 

• KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    What sort of cunt thinks that an open thread with "you cunts" in the title is aimed at all and sundry rather than at the offending people who caused the incident in the first place? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Can open.... Worms everywhere....

• RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    dindude said: 

While I don't really get why people bother with the LOL thing..  If he left after just one post then maybe he was a bit over sensitive?

Ive been on here a few years now and still get random LOLs..  It means nothing to me and in fact all it does is increase my FB points which doesn't mean much in itself anyway..  Like the other day I posted a pic of a blue Les Paul Standard going at a good price.. I only posted it cos I thought people may be interested if they like blue guitars and got two LOLs for it?  I mean whats to laugh about? I was just doing it to genuinely inform people of the good deal I saw nothing more nothing less.

But there are always idiots in life you have to deal with.. You can choose to let it bother you or not.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10930
    Humiliation turns me on so I don't mind the LOLs, unless I'm in public
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8625
    dindude said:

Which thread was that?
    Around the recent London Guutar show thread - not saying he’s left, just asking the question why the hell would he stay after such a lovely warm reception...
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    Went to the Taylor Roadshow at Peach this evening (great event - v braced models sound awesome!).

Took the opportunity to have a chat with John and fly the flag for us fretboarders that appreciate having access to great stores via the forum.

John was open about their reason for leaving and I totally understand his decision (I would have done the same) and disgusted that a member here has acted in the way they have.

The good news is that he hasn’t ruled out coming back at some point in the future - he would certainly be welcome! 

Oh - and I won a hoodie which capped off a great evening - missed out on the A12e though :-( 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nice to have some feedback from John personally, and whatever his reasons he's entitled to avoid the forum. It's just a massive shame that yet again the actions of an individual ruin it for everyone else. Hope he does make his way back soon, not in terms of deals or anything. It's just nice to have business owners and retailers join us here, with their insider insight and info.