Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    tFB Trader
    I'm saddened to see this happen.....
    But if you cast your mind back that same behaviour drove two of the founders of this forum away, and nearly for good.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    edited September 2018
    from reading the inferences suggested in this thread just thinking out the box; it could be they are embroiled in some litigious proceedings with a customer and have been advised by their legal representation to desist in all exposure in open public forums...? Has their Twitter/FBook gone too...?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    from reading the inferences suggested in this thread just thinking out the box; it could be they are embroiled in some litigious proceedings with a customer and have been advised by their legal representation to desist in all exposure in open public forums...? Has their Twitter/FBook gone too...?
    Unlikely ... they are still on social media.

Probably got fed up dealing with a few tossers and decided to put their time to better, more productive use.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe said:
    No, it wasn't anything like that. It was someone being an entitled twunt, apparently in the forum's name.

While there's a bit of a difference of opinion between Tony and I, the way I'm feeling about it right now I'd be inclined to name and shame, and relax the rules a bit for a short time to let you lot deal with whoever it is.

Probably a good thing that we don't know who it is, really ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Last straw for me, shameful, , this place up to about 2 years ago was a tour de force and I was proud to be part of it,  Now its just an embarrassment, In all seriousness can my account be disabled please @digitalscream,
    Good bye. 
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • A real shame - John and the team are great and have always sorted me out and it was nice having him on here. Hopefully he will return.

Warren is totally right about people feeling entitled.  A friendly nod or reminder from a retailer doesn't mean a guarantee of holding a product for us.  Could easily be holding product for someone who doesn't end up buying or returns....better to have it open to the first person to jump on it.

*shakes fist*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    A real shame - John and the team are great and have always sorted me out and it was nice having him on here. Hopefully he will return.

Warren is totally right about people feeling entitled.  A friendly nod or reminder from a retailer doesn't mean a guarantee of holding a product for us.  Could easily be holding product for someone who doesn't end up buying or returns....better to have it open to the first person to jump on it.

*shakes fist*
    If you want something put on hold pay a deposit.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 417
    Peach , Richards Guitars and ATB guitars all gone and it is a great shame . They could have been on here for a bit of self promotion (no harm in that) and because they all - like the rest of us - are fanatical about guitars and surely that is what this forum is all about !  As they were on here they may have even put out special offers to forum members , who knows ?  
       We don't have to agree with there ( or anybody's ) opinion , we all have our own idea's about guitar's and there are of course different ways of doing things to achieve the same goal .  But why antagonize people , there's a difference between a discussion and trying to wind people up .
      We could have benefited from there point of view and experience just like we do from the likes of  @WezV @FelineGuitars @Alegree @TheGuitarWeasel @Rabs ; @GSPBASSES ; @icbm (the guru) @lonestar ; @customkits ; @gavin_axecaster ; @RiftAmps @lamf68 @rexter ; @KempGuitars
      ...... And many many more as seen on tv .

We also seem to have people coming on here to slag businesses off lately , nobody is perfect , we all make mistakes INCLUDING the customer (but it's never them) .  These posts should be taken with a pinch of salt .
     As Bruce Willis say's   "Why can't we all just get along " .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5624
    Peach/John have been disrespected before here too, so this is unsurprising. Recall the stupidity in the stolen Private Stock thread if you will...

Sad loss for the forum but I get he’s got better things to do with his time than deal with entitled crybabies. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • To say I'm shocked is an understatement. They are usually highly regarded on here. I don't know where it went wrong, admittedly, the R8 thread is way too long to read all the comments on there, I can only imagine some snide comments are within it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Very unfortunate. I hope the damage is not beyond repair. I have only bought one guitar from Peach but they were top drawer.
    Everything seemed to be going so well with the R8 sales and the upcoming raffle.

• Alvin said:
    Peach , Richards Guitars and ATB guitars all gone and it is a great shame . They could have been on here for a bit of self promotion (no harm in that) and because they all - like the rest of us - are fanatical about guitars and surely that is what this forum is all about !  As they were on here they may have even put out special offers to forum members , who knows ?   
    Add Andertons and GAK to the list too (although, to be fair, Richard's departure was less to do with this kind of issue and more to do with the fact that he doesn't like discussion).

We've put a lot of effort into trying to get benefits for our members with the bigger retailers, and it's always some twat (or a collection of them) who screw it up for everybody. Annoyingly, it's always different twats.
    <space for hire>
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader

My goodness... What the hell have I missed here?  I stopped looking at the R8 and R9 post a while back  so have missed the fun. (or not so fun as it turns out)... I do wish I could unsubscribe from certain posts as it were...  A button on the top of a thread that says Watch or Stop Watching or something would be great.

• 57Deluxe said:
    No, it wasn't anything like that. It was someone being an entitled twunt, apparently in the forum's name.

While there's a bit of a difference of opinion between Tony and I, the way I'm feeling about it right now I'd be inclined to name and shame, and relax the rules a bit for a short time to let you lot deal with whoever it is.

Probably a good thing that we don't know who it is, really ;)

I'd name and shame and ban as well. We have done with scammers, we should when it's someone going after a business and people connected with that business in this manner. We've had people publicly coolered and banned for squabbles in political forums; this sounds much worse and should at least be dealt with in the same public way. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28422

The disagreement  is because I'd rather put them in the stocks.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Shall I sharpen my pitchfork?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    Rabs said:

I do wish I could unsubscribe from certain posts as it were...  A button on the top of a thread that says Watch or Stop Watching or something would be great.

@rabs - the button is star shaped and called "bookmark".    It's at the top of each thread, level with the title, on the right hand side  of the page.

Depending on how you've got your notification preferences set, you can choose to be notified (or not) of posts on threads that you've subscribed to - ie bookmarked.  
    PC_Dave said:
    I'm a little surprised and disappointed with that comment @PC_Dave.

How did you allow it to become blunt?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Rabs said:

I do wish I could unsubscribe from certain posts as it were...  A button on the top of a thread that says Watch or Stop Watching or something would be great.

@rabs - the button is star shaped and called "bookmark".    It's at the top of each thread, level with the title, on the right hand side  of the page.

Depending on how you've got your notification preferences set, you can choose to be notified (or not) of posts on threads that you've subscribed to - ie bookmarked.  

Oh right I see..  I haven't used it in that way but understand....   Cheers.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    TTony said:
    PC_Dave said:
    I'm a little surprised and disappointed with that comment @PC_Dave.

How did you allow it to become blunt?
    Sorry @TTony , with Emp being so well behaved it ended up at the back of the shed. 

Won’t happen again, I promise.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom