SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vigier Excalibur Special 7 SOLD

What's Hot
prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4048
edited November 2021 in Guitars £
Had this Vigier for about 6 months and I'm not loving quite as much as I love its 6 string counterpart so I'm open to swapping it for something of a similar quality level - probably a 6 string but might consider a 7 string if it's 26.5 or 27 inch scale.

The spec for this is all here: http://www.vigierguitars.com/page/fiche_produit.php?id_prod=3469

Impeccable quality and the trem is extremely stable in conjunction with the locking tuners and the teflon nut (and the fiddly bastard string retainer thingies). Comes with a super sturdy Hiscox case. 

£1400 is about where I'd value this but I'm not super clear how to work out value when it comes to trades (a new one like this would be £2800 with at least a 6 month wait).

Based just outside Norton, North Yorkshire.

Edited just to say I've heard too many stories to even think about couriering anything unless we're talking references from the Dalai Lama, Queen Elizabeth, and the last three popes.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4048
    Strat sold pending receipt of gear tokens.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2018
    Still not been offered any trades that have caught my interest on the Vigier.

OK OK, I haven't been offered any trades at all.

edit: ffs, the absolute exact second I clicked 'post' on that someone on Facebook offered me 2 guitars and cash to turn me into a liar. OK, I haven't had any offers on here.
    Open to cash offers in the near vicinity of £1800
    It's back up, it just isn't doing it for me.
    This is still here and still fatter than I would like in the neck region.
  • Is this guitar still avialable?

It's still here aye.
    Go on, someone swap us this for something.
    Just noticed the pictures have gone missing:

edited October 2020
    Still kicking about, here are some more pics:

Let's say £1500, or I'd swap it for an early Music Man JP7 with the original custom Dimarzio pickups.

Because I feel like depressing myself I'm going to finally find out what Rich Tone would offer me for it today...
    Anyone want to have a guess how much Rich Tone offered?
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 501
    £800
    You're about there.
  • stanstan Frets: 190
    @prigmnr ; Hi, i`ve got an interest in this but worried about just how much " fatter than I would like in the neck region." it is.
    Could you give some dimensions or comparisons to other guitars ?  to  other vigiers ?   thanks.

Regular Excalibur is 42mm wide at the nut to 57.7mm at the last fret with a depth of 19.5mm at the first fret to 23mm at the 12th fret.

Excal 7 is 49mm wide at the nut to 67mm at the last fret with a depth of 20.5mm at the first fret to 24mm at the 12th fret.

Not massive differences  but I feel like it's the fact that the neck profile/shoulders remains basically the same making the 7 feel bigger in the hand than I would like, even taking into account the fact it obviously needs to be wider.

By comparison an Ibanez Universe is slightly wider (flatter radius after all, 17 rather than 12) but only 19mm deep at the nut to between 20-23 at the 12th fret.

• stanstan Frets: 190
    @prigmnr ;  Thanks for the really comprehensive reply !  i`ll give this some serious consideration and may be back to you  by mid-nect week,  thanks.
    My only disappointment was that I was unable to find detailed specs for a Music Man JP7 neck to finish the post - they list width at the nut and last fret but not depths.
    Prices Slashed to £1400.
    Starting to get the odd offer now that isn't a million miles away, maybe today will be the day.
    Sold to the charming @mulgreaux ;
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom