Accidentally wrote a jazz song

So I was trying to pretend to be high to jam for the drone fretboard challenge, and I was trying to channel a few things, I like to thing "what would so-and-so do here" when a bit stuck. So-and-so in this case happened to be Jeff Buckley, and before I knew it I'd ripped off....sorry, written a song in the style of....one of his called calling you, but quite jazz guitary, which is not my usual strength. Funny how things go isn't it?
www.pianomatt.co.uk - Wedding and Event Pianist in the West Midlands
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 4651
    Of course you have to post it now so we can hear what you are talking about :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 7111
    Ha of course, I'll see what i can do, it does take an inordinate amount of time to record in this house though due to my horrendous hum noise problems, and of course I should be writing a drone... Might try and do the jazz demo on piano maybe to avoid the hum
    It's just so very odd how much of a tangent you can go off on when you're trying to be so focused on something else
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 7111
    edited April 2014

there we go, backing only though for a few reasons - firstly, my mic isn't set up at the mo, secondly my voice isn't in a good place today, and lastly because while i could remember the chords perfectly, the melody and words were less certain and I've forgotten bits of it

Not great playing i know! Also I've ripped off at least three bits from other songs, but tried to hide it a little though not hugely subtley... There's some strokes in there, some white stripes, some George Harrison even, no prizes except brownie points for spotting them