Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Instant Coffee

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• I enjoy it with my quality streets (actually that a lie...im dirnking beer)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Also got some l'or for comparison
  • Also got some l'or for comparison
    When I got a train a few weeks go they were doing a big promotion at New Street. I queued up and got my free cup. Bleugh. Not the worst cup of coffee I’ve ever had ( probably reserved for the Barista bar in Morrisons - I had false expectations, it was my own fault ) but certainly up there. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5621
    edited December 2018
    Buy an Aeropress and learn to love Americanos. It’s *nearly* instant - takes about 30 seconds to draw a shot. It’s as good as anything out there, machine or otherwise. You need to have the filters on hand, but it include a f*ckload. It’s portable so can travel with you too. Just buy good coffee - you can grind your own beans or buy various grinds depending on what kind of coffee you want out of the device. It’s super cool and not expensive. 
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    merlin said:
    Cat wee has flavour. 

gives me heartburn............

........still better than instant coffee though.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30125
    Iamnobody said:
    Sporky said:
    Instant is fine with enough sugar and milk. The only coffee that's guaranteed to be crap is the liquid filth at training and conferences. 
    You've just damned it by saying its fine with milk. Milk SPOILS coffee!
    I’d make the same argument for sugar.
    You'd be wrong. 

Without sugar, all coffee tastes sour and bitter. With sugar all the other flavours emerge. :) 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30125
    Also got some l'or for comparison
    When I got a train a few weeks go they were doing a big promotion at New Street. I queued up and got my free cup. Bleugh. 
    This might be my personal paranoia, but I'm amazed you weren't poisoned. 

I do not trust anything given away at stations. Newapers, food/drink, timetables... 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    L'or Intense is misnamed as it tastes of virtualy nothing.

Will try doubling up next time.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4713
    I think that if you do away with the expectation that instant coffee is coffee, it’s fine. It fills the gap for me because I like hot drinks but can’t do with all the caffeine, especially later on in the day.

Foster’s isn’t really beer but it’s fizzy and alcoholic, and if someone’s kind enough to hand me one at a party or barbecue I’m not going to sniff at it. It does the job. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    randella said:
    I think that if you do away with the expectation that instant coffee is coffee, it’s fine. It fills the gap for me because I like hot drinks but can’t do with all the caffeine, especially later on in the day.

Foster’s isn’t really beer but it’s fizzy and alcoholic, and if someone’s kind enough to hand me one at a party or barbecue I’m not going to sniff at it. It does the job. 

Yeah that's all well and good, but though all canned lagers aren't great I still know I like Heineken more than Fosters.
  • We have neacafe gold blend at work as my boss likes it - after years of drinking coffee it made me switch to tea. I will still brew a pot of lavazza in the French press sometimes for the meetings but that instant stuff is really dreary.
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1131
    randella said:

Yeah that's all well and good, but though all canned lagers aren't great I still know I like Heineken more than Fosters.
    So you'd turn down a free can of Foster's from a friend because it's not what you like?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    Poorly named.
    It isn't instant and isn't coffee.
  • Foster said:
    randella said:

So you'd turn down a free can of Foster's from a friend because it's not what you like?
    A true friend is unlikely to offer you a can of Fosters.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Foster said:
    randella said:

Or your friend knows sod-all about beer (and cares even less) but you both sit and drink his Carling because that’s what he has and wants to share it with you. He did have some decent French red with him too, mind ;)

On a completely unrelated side note, does anyone have any ibuprofen kicking about? :) :)

Back on the coffee, I’ve found that doubling up the dose helps the taste, but only with decaf or I just end up wired. I’m going to try a few of the suggestions here when I get back to work. 
    tFB Trader

Tried doubling up and that makes it a bit nicer.

Cheeky though as it's expensive for instant and then you get through it at twice the rate.

Tried doubling up and that makes it a bit nicer.

Cheeky though as it's expensive for instant and then you get through it at twice the rate.
    Yep, worded badly on my part - I did read the whole thread yesterday but brain isn’t in gear yet (see above post ;) )

It is cheeky, I agree. I guess enough people either don’t mind the bland taste of one spoonful, or just grumble and accept that you need two, while still buying the product (I.e. us!).
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited January 2019
    Foster said:
    randella said:

^^ If I ever change my sig...^^
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5316
    Whitecat said:
    Buy an Aeropress and learn to love Americanos. It’s *nearly* instant - takes about 30 seconds to draw a shot. It’s as good as anything out there, machine or otherwise. You need to have the filters on hand, but it include a f*ckload. It’s portable so can travel with you too. Just buy good coffee - you can grind your own beans or buy various grinds depending on what kind of coffee you want out of the device. It’s super cool and not expensive. 
    Mrs tone1 bought me an Aeropress for Christmas... It’s pretty cool  :)