and for my next stupid question.........which distortion pedal for harmonics, fret tapping etc

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    edited April 2014
    Yeah

I'd need to try them specifically against each other too, since I tend to use them together- normally the more transparent one for crunchier rhythm tones, and then kick on the ts/sd1 as well for leads, so obviously that'll make the pinches jump out more since both pedals are on :)) But I seem to remember the sd1/ts working better alone than the more transparent ones did.

I'd need to try the pure boost (supposedly an xotic rc boost clone) as well to see- IIRC it had a little more compression than some of the other transparent ones while still being fairly transparent. IIRC it was a modded TS as well with a different tone circuit (baxendall? something like that) and different (less) clipping. I preferred the timmy though for what i was using it for as it had more of a "snarl" off it which I liked, the pure boost was a little too polite.

Need to try my mooer rat clone as well. Again, been while since I tried it for that but I seem to remember it not being as good as a ts or sd1.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    I havent read all of the above and apologies it it has already been mentioned

Marshall Jackhammer

Hooligan in a box and had for £15 on ebay.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    monquixote said
    As it's the forum official pedal the Liquid Sunshine MKII can also be used to make amps go bonkers if you crank the mid focussed gain.

Since when, and why have I never tried/owned one?

I'd gowith either the SD-1, SD-2 or Bad Monkey, all work really well with a valve amp.

Others to consider are the MXR Distortion 3, which I prefer in to the clean channel as an alternative to the amp dirt. MXR Zakk Wylde, which is effectively a slight alteration on the Boss pedal. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)