JDB Rocking One Of Those Weird FretKing Guitars...

RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6939
edited April 2014 in Music

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• (Song has taken a little "inspiration" from Simple Minds' 'I Travel', if you ask me...)

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I absolutely love the manics but this has to be one of the worst pieces of shit they've ever put out...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    had to get that up on my phone, had a quick flick through but only fleeting glances of the guitar. A FretKing Ventura was it? £1800 for a guitar that looks like a melted lolly. Although I shouldn't be rude as I'm still considering them for my signature model Ericaster...
    :-B
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Yeah, I think that's the one - the one where all the reviews were like "Great guitar but...WTF were they thinking with that shape?!"

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    edited April 2014
    No doubt their popularity will rocket now!
  • Reminds me a bit of the fender swinger, but even uglier http://proguitarshop.com/media/cms/blog/swinger.jpg
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I like those guitars.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74472
    (Song has taken a little "inspiration" from Simple Minds' 'I Travel', if you ask me...)
    And Queen's 'Machines (Or Back To Humans)'.

And the Offspring's 'Hit That' in places…

Fender Swingers are great though. They're not easy to play because of the tiny short-scale neck, but they sound surprisingly good and are definitely one of the more original guitar designs that doesn't look needlessly ugly - even if the shape was arrived at by necessity. I've owned two of them, both sadly butchered by (I think) John Birch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein