What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I think a Wankel would suit him.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8652
    Christmas '73 

Dear Santa

I've been a good boy. I want a green bike with orange mud guards, a rocket engine, gull wing doors ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    edited July 2019
    I haven't actually searched for this until now.

There are only 40 Velostar in the entire country under £7500.  No distance restrictions, no mileage restrictions, nothing except Brand, model and price (£7500)

There are 6 automatic. 3 of those are Black !!

None in yellow or green.

So no car then. 

If filtered by his bogey green colour, the nearest one is 80 miles away, it is a manual.  But he can't go 80miles, it's too far!!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906088813027?transmission=Manual&sort=sponsored&price-to=7500&postcode=sa15hf&advertising-location=at_cars&make=HYUNDAI&radius=1500&model=VELOSTER&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

What's wrong with this one?

It's even a rare Turbo version with 50BHP over the standard a different front grill and matt paint.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1205
    edited July 2019
    That's a cracker, I'd be up to Matlock in a flash.  Bit confusing, T-GDi I would normally interpret to mean a turbo diesel ?  The listing states it's a petrol.  I'd go for it as a petrol, but not if a diesel.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's a cracker, I'd be up to Matlock in a flash.  Bit confusing, T-GDi I would normally interpret to mean a turbo diesel ?  The listing states it's a petrol.  I'd go for it as a petrol, but not if a diesel.
    Checking the plate on euro car parts shows it’s a petrol.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    184hp in a very small car yet it only manages 0-60 in 8.4 seconds. Even if it needs a change to 3rd to get to 60 it is still crap.
    A 10yr old 150hp fiesta is notably quicker than that. 
    Weird. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019
    184hp in a very small car yet it only manages 0-60 in 8.4 seconds. Even if it needs a change to 3rd to get to 60 it is still crap.
    Weird. 
    I’d pick a Fiesta too but he wants a Hyundai! Lol

edit - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/cars/hyundai/veloster/2017/2017-hyundai-veloster-turbo-first-test-review/amp/

its 7.3s according to Motor Trend, the 8.4s must be the non turbo version then.
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    I’ve just had to read 6 pages to catch up. I was I bit disappointed that there wasn’t any more....

I haven't actually searched for this until now.

There are only 40 Velostar in the entire country under £7500.  No distance restrictions, no mileage restrictions, nothing except Brand, model and price (£7500)

There are 6 automatic. 3 of those are Black !!

None in yellow or green.

So no car then. 

If filtered by his bogey green colour, the nearest one is 80 miles away, it is a manual.  But he can't go 80miles, it's too far!!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906088813027?transmission=Manual&sort=sponsored&price-to=7500&postcode=sa15hf&advertising-location=at_cars&make=HYUNDAI&radius=1500&model=VELOSTER&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

What's wrong with this one?

It's even a rare Turbo version with 50BHP over the standard a different front grill and matt paint.

Dude even after 40 pages you have to ask?! - it’s quite clearly not green. Or yellow. Come on, keep up ;) consider the possibility he’s stumbled upon the one car that he wants that means he will have to wait 6 months for it to turn up. In the meantime, we’re all doing a great job of keeping this going. Back in another few pages....

• ewalewal Frets: 2816
    I don't know how he can bare it. I've been car hunting for about 4 days and it's already doing my nut in. I just want it done so I can move on to other things.
    Weird. 

edit - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/cars/hyundai/veloster/2017/2017-hyundai-veloster-turbo-first-test-review/amp/

Makes sense. Even so its still not very quick and Id buy the fiesta too,  powerful, simple NA engines are great and less to go wrong.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Weird. 

Makes sense. Even so its still not very quick and Id buy the fiesta too,  powerful, simple NA engines are great and less to go wrong.
    What, 0-60 in 7.3 seconds is not very quick? I know there are many faster cars out there, but that's still a pretty rapid 0-60 and hardly 'not very quick', besides the old N/A 150 bhp Fiesta is listed with a 0-60 at 7.9.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716
    ewal said:
    I don't know how he can bare it. I've been car hunting for about 4 days and it's already doing my nut in. I just want it done so I can move on to other things.
    You have just given me a mental vision of a 55 year old man baring it!  I can't bear it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28013
    Octafish said:
    Weird. 

What, 0-60 in 7.3 seconds is not very quick? I know there are many faster cars out there, but that's still a pretty rapid 0-60 and hardly 'not very quick', besides the old N/A 150 bhp Fiesta is listed with a 0-60 at 7.9.
    Aye...7.3s is plenty quick, unless you play in the Top Gear world.
    <space for hire>
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4328
    Octafish said:
    Weird. 

Unless you ride a motorbike.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I’m sure either is fast enough for him, he thought about a Honda Jazz!
    edited July 2019
    hywelg said:
    Octafish said:
    Weird. 

Unless you ride a motorbike.
    Well yes, although not always so clear-cut going round corners, but we're talking about a second-hand hatchback. I mean most cars are stupidly slow if you drive a Mercedes W10....
    edited July 2019
    Octafish said:
    Weird. 

I never said the fiesta was faster, it doesn't have a turbo to wear out. Yet is only marginally slower.

For a very small car with 184hp its not very quick.

The current turbo fiesta get to 60 in 6.5s
    edited July 2019
    Octafish said:
    Weird. 

I never said the fiesta was faster, it doesn't have a turbo to wear out. Yet is only marginally slower.

For a very small car with 184hp its not very quick.
    You said it was notably quicker than a N/A Veloster, yet the Fiesta's speed advantage to 60 is no greater than the Turbo Veloster's over the 'marginally slower' Fiesta. Granted the turbo could be a costly issue.

The Veloster isn't a 'very small car', surely that's something like a VW UP? It may look small, but rather shockingly a Velostar is as long and as wide as an old mk3 Ford Cortina and weighs 1.3 tonnes o which is part of the problem. This means the Veloster gives 141 bhp per tonne, whilst the old Fiesta weighing in at 1.1 tonnes gives 136 bhp. My near 40 year old 110bhp mk1 Golf GTI manages 130 bhp per tonne. That's modern flabby cars for you, although they are better for crashing in....
    edited July 2019
    It's amazing how much power they can get from a smaller engine these days.  The new 4 pot Cayman goes faster than the old Boxer Flat 6.  Even my T5 with 2.5L Turbo can only do 0-60 in 6.6s, 5.9s with a remap.
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Emp’s current 0-60 is 3 months, so I don’t think we need to worry about performance just yet. 
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom