SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Honest ad for myself

What's Hot
Hello.

So is anyone in the cambs area into heavier styles? I want to get into writing original stuff, I don't learn covers much at all really... I can do guitar or bass (both badly). I have mostly cheap gear but I suppose it sounds okay.

I have a small car that's pretty bad for taking more than a small amount of gear in.

Did I mention I'm pretty bad?

Anyway, if anyone likes riffing and wants to riff with me, let me know.
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just to add.

I'm quite hard to get on with. I can let some stuff slide like I'm spineless, then just dig in my heels and turn into a twat.

Also, I am not very good at playing, but I make up for it in... Er... Well, I'm sure I could do something.

Will bring beer.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    I refer you to Jimmy Vaughn's tips for being a successful guitarist:
    1. Learn to sing
    2. Buy a van
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27427
    Give us some examples of the sort of stuff you listen to, and would be aiming to play similar to.

"Heavier styles" could cover a lot of ground ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

Good candour man. If more people on things like join my band were as open as this right from the start, I'd be much less inclined to want to smash somebody's face in during rehearsal.

Good luck to you sir. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    Just to add.

I'm quite hard to get on with. I can let some stuff slide like I'm spineless, then just dig in my heels and turn into a twat.

Also, I am not very good at playing, but I make up for it in... Er... Well, I'm sure I could do something.

Will bring beer.
    How much beer and what brand? I live in North Yorkshire which would be quite the commute, but every man has his price and all that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926

I think I fill the criteria. I'm a bit of a dick myself but I'm harmless really :)

Chuck me a PM and we can have a chat.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll message tomorrow mate :)

• Panama_Jack666;228306" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Just to add.

Will bring beer.

How much beer and what brand? I live in North Yorkshire which would be quite the commute, but every man has his price and all that.
    With my playing, I could buy you a brewery and you'd still call it a wasted journey.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    I'd be open to joining the chat. Damned, and bidders for that matter, why don't you pop down to a cambridge bloozjamm?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool man.

I'll be honest, I'm shagged from work so I won't fire out pm's till morning.

I don't really do blooz :( I know the notes and progressions (at a very rudimentary level) but I'd definitely ruin good vibes!

That said, I might come along and chat to some folk - always love to talk gear, and I'm sure I could learn a ton of cool stuff :)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Yeah, same as Paul for me, I work daft shifts which always conspires against me. Plus I'm pants at blooz! I would like to drop by and offer moral support/jeers/abuse though :)
  • Sounds good, I wouldn't mind learning something that sounds a bit bluesy, but I know I'd never use it.  

Or would I? 

Yeah, my shifts are typically 7am-8pm, 2pm-2am or 7.30-7.30.  Pah!

I'm sure we can manage a jam night though.
  • GeorgieGeorgie Frets: 19
    Ha ha this is brilliant - I live too far away but would love to join you guys just to see the reality of it all. I fear though that after the build up of descriptive analysis of yourselves you may actually be good, and therefore a disappointment! :-S
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    Hah...I'm too far away too. 
    I got terrific quality gear/equipment & a huge estate to fits loads of stuff in. But can't play. but everybody wants me to join their band haha

Think I worked that one out....... can I hold the beer during rehearsals ???
  • Georgie said:
    Ha ha this is brilliant - I live too far away but would love to join you guys just to see the reality of it all. I fear though that after the build up of descriptive analysis of yourselves you may actually be good, and therefore a disappointment! :-S
    Don't worry, I'd disappoint the shit out of you.

:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyway, thanks to @Viz I have details of many jam night things and I'm going to make an effort to turn up with a couple of friends, drink a few and listen to talented folk play.  And maybe build up the confidence to say, 'hi, you remember the ad for the bad guitarist...?'.

:)
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited May 2014
    awesome, let us know which one you're going to. I've got to visit Chicago and New York on Monday so I think I'll have to fly out on Sunday evening. But maybe the Sunday after?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    awesome, let us know which one you're going to. I've got to visit Chicago and New York on Monday so I think I'll have to fly out on Sunday evening. But maybe the Sunday after?
    I'm working late next Sunday :( and, er... Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't smell fantastic after a shift on the ward! 

I'll keep you posted though :D @Bidley should join, too.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    Just to add.

Will bring beer.
    What a romantic picture you paint.  I'm all choked up.
  • Cacofonix;242517" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Just to add.

Will bring beer.

What a romantic picture you paint.  I'm all choked up.
    There is a beauty in honesty, yes.

I've been described as a poet by no less than zero people.